Industry Analysis Careers
Join Our Team
What Does Industry and Analysis Do?
Industry and Analysis (I&A) is a group of committed professionals that:
- Tackle the critical issues facing U.S. industry competing in global market.
- Address economic and national security challenges impacting global commercial relationships.
- Advocate for U.S. industry in strategic deliberations on supply chain constraints.
- Advocate for U.S. industry export and inward investment promotion.
- Champion investment security and market access in foreign markets.
A Day in The Life of an I&A Employee
I&A hires international trade specialists, business and industry analysts, national security analysts, economists, and management and program specialists.
Depending on the assignment, an employee could work on the following:
- Critical supply chain analysis, such as in the semiconductor or information technology sector.
- Data analytics and visualization.
- Critical market access issues.
- Strategic export promotion strategies.
- Investment security, including CFIUS work.
- Strategic direction and analysis for major international economic initiatives and senior official travel.
- Development of major international policy initiatives on emerging 21st century digital trade issues, including data, privacy and artificial intelligence.
Internships, Recent College Graduates, and Presidential Management Fellows
I&A is a great place to start your career! Entry-level employees will develop industry and trade expertise on the job while helping senior officials solve major issues of the day. Continuous learning and developmental opportunities are encouraged for all staff. We provide ample opportunities for your early career development.
Common I&A Positions
Want to solve problems and work on trade policy? Want to work with exporters and develop international relationships? International Trade Specialist might be the career for you.
International Trade Specialist
Do you like doing economic research? Do you like developing new methodologies for analyzing problems? Sounds like you might be an International Economist.
Want to analyze trade flows and investment opportunities? Want to prepare reports and brief top officials on trade issues? Business and Industry Specialist might be the career for you.
Business & Industry Analyst
Do you like to evaluate the effectiveness of processes and procedures? Do you want to evaluate the impact of legislation and regulations? A career as a Management and Program Analyst might be right up your alley.
We Have Great Benefits
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Paid Time Off
Hybrid/Flexible Work Environment
Want to Learn More?
What We Value
A high level achiever who embraces challenges and problem-solving with enthusiasm.
Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment that fosters learning and embraces intellectual curiosity.
Previous work experience or education in international trade, economics, or national security.
Ability to manage time and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Join Our Mailing List
Be the first to know about new opportunities and events.