Meet Buyers at Event
Whether at a U.S. or foreign trade show, or on a foreign trade missions, trade events are a cost-effective way to meet foreign buyers. The key is finding the right event in your industry. Options include:
- Foreign Buyer Delegations at U.S. Trade Shows - Match buyers with U.S. exhibitors
- Major Foreign Trade Shows - Showcase your products or services (often in U.S. exhibitor pavilions)
- Foreign Trade Missions - Arrange one-on-one meetings with potential business partners
- Reverse (Domestic) Trade Missions - Foreign delegates come to the United States to see products and technologies.
- At select domestic trade shows, the U.S. Commercial Service brings thousands of international buyers to the United States for business-to-business matchmaking with U.S. exhibitors.
- At select foreign trade shows, the U.S. Commercial Service provides U.S. exhibitors or participants a wide range of services. Many of these events feature U.S. Pavilions with additional support and visibility.
Agribusiness Trade Shows
The U.S. Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) maintains a list of trade shows that help U.S. agricultural businesses expand their reach to potential customers around the globe. Each year, FAS endorses the trade shows that will provide the best international exposure and marketing opportunities for U.S. companies and producers. FAS works with show organizers and other partners to create a “USA Pavilion” and provides participating companies with marketing and promotion services, market intelligence, logistical support, and on-site assistance.
Trade Show Representation Service
Connect with global buyers even when you can’t attend in person. The Trade Show Representation service entails conducting pre-trade show promotions via Internet/social media/email campaign, representing the client at the overseas trade show, displaying the client’s promotional materials at the overseas trade show, and conducting outreach to foreign buyers/distributors in attendance at the trade show.
Consider joining a U.S. Department of Commerce-led trade mission and see our schedule of upcoming trade missions. U.S. businesses are organized to travel to foreign countries, and are led by industry experts or senior officials. In these markets, mission participants meet one-on-one with pre-screened international business people.
Reverse Trade Missions
USTDA organizes or sponsors visits to the United States of high-level foreign delegations from target countries and industries. Registered participants have a chance to connect with key decision-makers and form new partnerships.