Trade Data and Analysis
The International Trade Administration, as well as other organizations, publishes a variety of trade-related statistics and tools for public use.
New: Country Reports - The Country Reports prepared by Industry & Analysis present international trade and other macroeconomic statistics for more than 230+ trading partners on an annual basis. Data is updated twice yearly, in February and in June, to account for annual updates and revisions.
- Monthly Infographic – Interactive dashboard with an overview of U.S. goods and services trade statistics. Includes top sectors and trading partners. Updated monthly.
- Partner Trade Tables (Year-to-Date) – Ranked listing of top U.S. goods export and import partner markets with percent change. Updated monthly.
- TradeStats Express (Year-to-Date)– Interactive dashboards that present Year-to-Date national and state goods trade by partner and product. Updated monthly.
- Manufacturing Industry Tracker – Dynamic web tool that tracks key economic indicators across 21 sectors of manufacturing. Updated monthly.
Trade statistics resources from the International Trade Administration.
ITA’s National Trade Data Resources
Explore U.S. trade using ITA’s interactive resources:
- TradeStats Express (TSE) – TSE provides downloadable data on U.S. goods trade for 2009 forward. Data are available for all countries and selected regions. Product/Industry detail available at NAICS 2,3,4 and HS 2,4 levels.
- Manufacturing Industry Tracker – The Manufacturing Industry Tracker provides monthly data on U.S. Exports, Imports, Trade Balance, Industrial Production, Employment, and Producer Price Index for 21 manufacturing industries and associated subsectors. Data is available from 2015 forward.
- Infographics and Tables - ITA’s infographics and tables provide snapshots of the latest national trade trends. Discover information on monthly trade, annual trade, year-to-date partner trade, and more.
- Country Reports by ITA - Industry & Analysis - The Country Reports prepared by Industry & Analysis present international trade and other macroeconomic statistics for more than 230+ trading partners on an annual basis. Data is updated twice yearly, in February and in June, to account for annual updates and revisions.
Trade Data Resources at the State and Local Level
State Trade Data Resources - Home of TradeStats Express State. Interactive tools and factsheets about trade from U.S. states.
Metropolitan Export Series - Interactive tools and factsheets about good exports from U.S. metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs).
Data Resources Related to Specific Industries
Travel and Tourism Research - National Travel and Tourism Office (NTTO) collects, analyzes, and disseminates international travel and tourism statistics.
Manufacturing Industry Tracker - Tracks key monthly economic indicators for North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) 3 and NAICS 4/5-digit manufacturing industries. It covers Exports, Imports, Trade Balance, Industrial Production, Employment, and Producer Price Index. The tracker covers January 2015 through the latest month with available trade data.
Automotive Trade Data - Includes data visualizations for U.S. auto parts trade and U.S. trade in different categories of new and used vehicles.
Steel Import Monitoring and Licensing - The Global Steel Trade Monitor provides steel trade data for the largest steel importing and exporting countries. The U.S. Steel Import Monitor is an interactive tool designed to showcase and visualize U.S. Census and early warning license import data.
U.S. Energy Trade Dashboard - Includes data visualizations for U.S. trade in energy commodities and related equipment.
Market Diversification Tool for International Education - This fully interactive and customizable dashboard is designed to help educational institutions explore and compare potential markets and focus their recruitment efforts. It includes data on U.S. exports of education services.
Country Reports and Resources for Trade Data Reported by Markets Other Than the United States
Country Reports by ITA - Industry & Analysis - The Country Reports prepared by Industry & Analysis present international trade and other macroeconomic statistics for more than 230+ trading partners on an annual basis. Data is updated twice yearly, in February and in June, to account for annual updates and revisions.
Other International Data Resources
Comtrade Database (United Nations) - Provides free access to trade data reported by other countries. Allows the user to see other markets’ imports from or exports to the U.S. or third parties.
OECD Trade in Services Data (OECD) - Trade in services data reported by other countries to the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
OECD Services Trade Restrictiveness Index (OECD) - The OECD Services Trade Restrictiveness Index (STRI) provides information on regulations affecting trade in services in 22 sectors across all OECD member countries and Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, Costa Rica, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Peru, the Russian Federation, South Africa, and Thailand.
WTO and OECD Bilateral Services Trade Dataset (WTO and OECD) - This dataset from the World Trade Organization and the OECD includes trade data covering over 200 economies. Choose “Balanced International Trade in Services EBOPS…” from the Indicators list.