Global Diversity Export Initiative Events
The U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, organizes trade programs and events to support minority businesses interested in exporting.
Join Us On the Margins of the U.S. - Africa Business Forum
The Global Diversity Export Initiative is hosting an event on the margins of the U.S.-Africa Business Forum to provide Small & Medium Enterprises and Minority Business Enterprises with access to resources, market intelligence and support for doing business on the African continent. These programs will take place December 15, at the U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, DC.
There are two ways to participate.
- Business Panel: Participants will hear from an array of distinguished Federal Government Leaders and companies that are currently pursuing business on the African continent.
- One-on-One Appointments: Participants will have an opportunity to register for one-on-one appointments with up to three U.S. Senior Commercial Officers and a number of supporting U.S. federal agencies.
NBCC Doing Business in Africa Forum & Networking Reception
Hosted by the National Black Chamber of Commerce (NBCC), this event will showcase thought leaders and heads of industry from across the African continent.
The event will highlight the strong potential for Africa’s Creative Economy to transform the Continent, identify and facilitate dialogue for US engagement in the sector, share success stories and amplify diaspora ties as the United States moves it Africa agenda forward.
Date: December 14 2:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Location: Navy Memorial Heritage Center, Washington, DC
Cost: $300 Non-members | $200 NBCC Members
eCommerce for Native American Artists & Craftspeople: Monthly Webinar Series
Native American, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian visual artists and craftpersons face unique challenges with the shift to online sales, and continued limits on attendance at local arts and crafts fairs.
Learn what you need to sell your arts and crafts online: An e-commerce primer for Native American visual artists and craftspeople.
About the Program
- This program is a series of monthly webinars held the second Thursday of each month through December 2022.
- It features speakers from the private and public sectors, who have extensive experience in the business of selling Native American arts and crafts.
- It features speakers with extensive experience in the business of selling Native American arts and crafts, from both the private and public sectors.
- The series has been organized by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in collaboration with the United States Department of the Interior’s Indian Arts and Crafts Board and Indian Dispute Resolution Services.
This series will be held each month on the 2nd Thursday of each month.
May 12 | June 9 | July 14 | August 11 | Sept. 8 | Oct 13 | Nov. 10 | Dec 8
3:00PM - 5:00PM ET | 2:00PM - 4:00PM CT | 1:00PM - 3:00PM MT |12:00PM - 2:00PM PT
From Local to Global: Celebrating Diversity
November 2022 Edition: Showcasing the International Success of Native American Owned & Led Businesses
We invite you to register below for the tenth & final session of our 2022 “From Local to Global: Celebrating Diversity” event series.
In celebration of Native American Heritage Month, we will feature an interactive discussion of how Native American founders & leaders from Southern California-based companies have successfully grown their businesses internationally.
- Hear from these leaders as they speak about their respective journeys of selling & promoting their brands globally.
- Learn about the opportunities to seek out, as well as the challenges to avoid as you launch or expand your international business.
- Receive information & resources that will help you chart your path to global sales & expansion success.
We look forward to having you join us on Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11am PST!
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SESSION WILL NOT BE RECORDED*
This event is open to ALL U.S. companies interested in growing their businesses internationally.
Our Building Bridges Program in: Phoenix, AZ
Building Bridges to Global Markets is a first-of-its-kind event series organized by the U.S. Commercial Service, as part of our Global Diversity Export Initiative. Designed to connect SMEs in underserved communities with global business opportunities, events will be taking place in major cities throughout the U.S., including Phoenix, Arizona!
About the Event
Building Bridges to Global Markets brings no-cost, in-person exporting expertise to your community. Addressing issues most common to diverse businesses seeking international sales expansion, this event will introduce reliable contacts, accurate information, and ready-to-use resources that will place you firmly on the road to exporting success.
- Trade finance & access to capital;
- Exporting essentials and available resources;
- Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to meet individually with trade experts.
- Marisa Lago, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
Date: December 8, 2022
Time: 8:30am – 12:00pm
Arizona Commerce Authority
100 N 7th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Free Parking Available in the Parking Garage
Email Colin Hudson or 480-209-5734
Thank You to Our Partners
GDEI Event Recordings
If you missed one of our key events, you can view selected recordings below.
Locate Additional Events Targeted to Your Needs
See our full event calendar. Attend a local event to connect with experts to learn more about exporting. Find a U.S. or overseas trade event to find potential partners through our matchmaking programs!