eCommerce Digital Strategy
Are you ready to sell online?
Creating a cross-border ecommerce digital strategy for your business is an important step in the digital transformation process.
The purpose of the digital strategy is to identify areas of your business operations that require additional resources, in order to successfully sell and compete in the cross-border ecommerce online sales channels.
To begin leveraging your website as a customer acquisition tool, contact your local International Trade Specialist for a free consultation about developing your business’s digital strategy.
Creating a digital strategy for your business to capitalize on the ecommerce sales channels will take some time and consideration. Ensure that you abide all international trade laws while building your product/brand reputation and overseas consumer confidence.
Join us to Learn More in a Virtual Event February 22
“Digital Strategies and Website Globalization – Your 5-Step Strategy” on February 22 will help you Identify resources and key considerations to help refine and operationalize your company’s approach to global eCommerce. Register Today!
Here are 5 steps to help you create your business’s digital strategy:
Step 1: Define your digital objectives
- What do you want your website to achieve? Information or sales? What business capital resources do you have for site repairs and upgrades? ROI may be a while off;
- Identify and understand the key audiences that would like to visit your site or online marketplace;
- Create a wireframe drawing of desired site features and desired customer website experience.
Step 2: Website internationalization and SEO
- Understand your current site performance through a Website Globalization Review Gap Analysis
- Fixing errors will quickly improve search engine result page (SERP) ranking
- Focus on keywords in content and link building as a part of your search engine optimization (SEO)
- Hire a professional service provider to fix all existing routine website metadata issues
Step 3: Address your back-end digital infrastructure needs
- Understand that the ecommerce sales channel is an investment in your business’ future sales; your overall strategy will dictate what your needs are
- eCommerce Service Providers are recommended for a more professional, appealing site for overseas consumers
Step 4: Choosing an ecommerce sales channel mix (omnichannel)
- Use your digital strategy to select the ratio of the 4 ecommerce sales options (Your Website, eCommerce Marketplaces, Social Media, and 3rd Party Distributors)
- Conduct ecommerce market research to determine where products are being bought/imported
- Understand online purchasing habits in your target market e.g.- “Are marketplaces or website sales preferred by consumers?”
Step 5: Establish ecommerce key performance indicators
- Use your website visitor analytics to establish ecommerce key performance indicators (KPIs) so you can benchmark SEO success
- Identify areas for improvement, solicit and monitor customer feedback regularly, and utilize data to inform management, sales teams, and marketing decisions