Includes import documentation and other requirements for both the U.S. exporter and foreign importer.
Existing legislation still requires all Uzbekistan-based enterprises engaged in export/import operations to be registered as participants in international trade relations. Companies or individuals are allowed to conduct trade with foreign enterprises directly or through foreign trade agents.
The following import contracts are subject to examination by the Center for Comprehensive Expert Examination of Projects and Import Contracts under the Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction:
- Those funded from the state budget;
- Those funded from credits (loans) attracted by the Government of Uzbekistan or under its guarantee;
- Those concluded by economic actors in whose authorized capital the public share constitutes over 50 %, which are not secured by their own currency resources.
An importer must prepare and provide to the proper authorities the following documents:
- Cargo customs declaration;
- Commercial invoice and bill of lading;
- Phyto-sanitary and veterinary certificates (as applicable);
- Certificates of conformity (as applicable);
- License (as applicable).