The requirement of the mandatory marking of imported goods in Uzbek language is abolished starting January 1, 2024. However, it is prohibited to issue a certificate of conformity and a sanitary-epidemiological conclusion for certain types of imported consumer goods (with the exception of goods that do not have consumer packaging and goods imported for own needs) — according to a list approved by the Cabinet of Ministers — if the marking in Uzbek language is not attached by the manufacturer, an authorized representative of the manufacturer, and importer — except as provided by legislative acts.
The digital tracker labeling requirements were introduced for the following goods:
- Cigarettes – starting from January 1, 2021
- Other types of smokeable tobacco products, smokeless tobacco products, nicotine-free snus, nicotine-containing liquids, and nicotine-containing e-cigarettes – starting from October 1, 2022
- Alcohol products (except beer) – starting from January 1, 2021
- Beer products – starting from April 1, 2021
- Household appliances:
- TVs, monitors, refrigerators and freezers, vacuum cleaners, and washing machines – starting from April 15, 2022
- Gas stoves, kitchen hoods, stoves, ovens, microwaves, irons, and water heaters – starting from August 1, 2022
- Heating boilers, air conditioners, juicers, blenders, mixers, coffee machines, meat grinders, and lamps – starting from November 1, 2022
- Water and soft drinks – starting from March 1, 2024
- Medical devices included in the duly approved list – starting from February 1, 2025
- Drugs in the secondary (outer) packaging (except for orphan drugs) – starting from September 1, 2022
- Drugs in the primary (inner) packaging and bulk-packaged drugs – termed “angro-products”– (except for orphan drugs) – starting from November 1, 2022
- Orphan drugs (for the treatment of rare diseases) and medical devices for the diagnosis and treatment of rare (orphan) diseases - starting from March 1, 2023.
CRPT Turon LLC is the government’s partner and the entity that ensures the creation, operation, and development of the information system for digital labeling and traceability of goods.