Market Entry Strategy
Generalizes on the best strategy to enter the market, e.g., visiting the country; importance of relationships to finding a good partner; use of agents.
Last published date: 2022-08-05
- Conduct appropriate market research and due diligence to adequately assess investment climate.
- Visit Kosovo and meet potential partners, government officials, and business associations. This is essential for understanding the local business climate. Virtual meetings are possible, but in-person travel is recommended if feasible.
- Establish strong personal ties, a key to doing business in Kosovo.
- Choose good legal representation (both local and international) to protect your interests.
- Exercise due diligence when identifying a local agent or partner to enhance business opportunities.
- Note that commercial and physical infrastructure, including electricity, rail service, and public transportation, can be unreliable, especially in remote mountainous regions.
- Consider opportunities to develop company-based workforce training and development programs with local partners to build necessary labor inputs for investments.
- The U.S. Embassy in Kosovo can offer Department of Commerce branded services for U.S. companies.
More information on doing business in Kosovo is available on the U.S. Embassy in Kosovo’s website.