Discusses requirements for products entering the country/economy temporarily. Includes information on warranty and non-warranty items shipped for repairs.
The temporary entry of the following merchandise is allowed provided it will be exported in the same condition in which it arrived:
- Vehicles to be used in tourism
- Merchandise to be exhibited in fairs, trade shows, and international conventions or congresses
- Equipment, vehicles, and goods that are the property of a circus or similar public show
- Merchandise to provide assistance in emergency situations caused by catastrophes or natural phenomenon, including medical, surgical, and laboratory equipment and similar materials, none of which can be for profit-making activities
- Educational, religious, and cultural merchandise to be exhibited to support an activity in this field
- Scientific equipment to support scientific research
- Machines, equipment, instruments, and tools to be used in public works
- Goods to be used by the Salvadoran government
- Commercial vehicles and parts
- Commercial goods to be used in the demonstration of products
- Other goods according to specific norms or international agreements
Each person entering the country may bring tax-free: personal goods such as clothes, handbags, and toiletries; medicines; food; medical devices; sport items; surfboards; one photography camera, one movie camera, one image record device, and one personal computer; musical instruments; working tools; sample goods; books; CDs; 500 hundred grams of tobacco; hunting and sport weapons; up to two pets (cats or dogs); and other goods valued at less than USD $500.