El Salvador - Country Commercial Guide
Licensing Requirements for Professional Services
Last published date:

Architects must be licensed locally at El Salvador Architect School (Colegio de Arquitectos de El Salvador). In addition, the Law for Trademarks and Other Distinctive Signs includes licensing and raises protections for trademarks and distinctive signs to internationally accepted standards. This law also obliges national and foreign firms to register in the Commerce Registry and the Intellectual Property Registry (Centro Nacional de Registros). To have the exclusive right to use commercial names and trademarks, any expression, and/or advertising sign, including patents and industrial designs, a lawyer or legal representative must register the trademark at CNR.