Barbados - Country Commercial Guide
Licensing Requirements for Professional Services
Last published date:

Under the Profession Trade and Business Registration Act, Cap. 373, some professional services are required to register and pay a license fee to operate in Barbados.  These professions include attorneys-at-law, medical doctors, accountants, actuaries, architects, engineers, and dentists.  These professions have professional associations in which membership forms part of the licensing requirements.

Under the Immigration Act, Cap. 190, all non-nationals who desire to work in Barbados require a work permit before immigrating to Barbados.  There are two types of work permits: short-term and long-term.  Further information can be found on the Barbados Immigration Department’s website: