Includes license requirements for key professional services that are open to U.S. service providers.
South Africa has a well-regulated mandatory professional services licensing environment that covers health, governance, safety, and the environment though specialized agencies, certified boards and associations that are answerable to the various National Departments. Upon academic graduation and completing the mandatory internship/articles period as well as relevant entrance exam, most professions require statutory registration, for instance as:
- Professional Engineer (PE).
- Law practitioners (to practice in court).
- Medical and specialist doctor and nursing staff (practice number).
- Industrial and mechanical technicians (depending upon the industry).
- Chartered Accountants (by different associations).