Chile - Country Commercial Guide
Licensing Requirements for Professional Services

Includes license requirements for key professional services that are open to U.S. Service providers.

Last published date: 2022-01-26

For the recognition of studies, Chile has signed several bilateral treaties. Please see the list of current valid agreements.

Stock Exchange & Securities

Chilean securities regulator, Comision para el Mercado Financiero (CMF), requires individuals that act as intermediaries, third-party securities managers, brokers, portfolio managers, and trading agents to be registered and to be demonstrate relevant financial knowledge by approving an exam to be authorized to perform these duties. To pass the exam applicants must: possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent, have a Chilean tax identification number (RUT) that must be requested at the Chilean equivalent to IRS, Servicio de Impuestos Internos (SII), and must also provide a description of the duties to be performed once accredited. The accreditation period can vary from 2 to 5 years depending on the performed function.