Chile - Country Commercial Guide
Import Requirements and Documentation
Last published date: 2022-09-30

The commercial forms used by both local importers and exporters are commercial invoices, certificates of origin, bills of lading, freight insurance, and packing lists. Special permission, certificates, and approval documents, such as sanitary and phytosanitary certificates, are required for most agricultural products and in special cases for industrial products. Depending on the nature of the product, these certificates can be obtained at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS), USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), USDA Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). For documentation requirements specific to agricultural products entering Chile, see the Chilean Agricultural Inspection Service or contact the U.S. Foreign Agricultural Service in Chile.