Zambia - Country Commercial Guide
Temporary Entry
Last published date:

Visitors are generally permitted to enter the country with goods for their own use.  When a visitor’s motor vehicle is not covered by a valid carnet, customs will issue a Customs Import Permit (CIP).  For goods not intended for the visitor’s own use, permission must be acquired from the Commissioner of Customs.  Prior to importation, persons intending to import such goods should seek authority in writing, detailing the goods, value, purposes for importing, and duration of stay in Zambia.  The Commissioner will in turn, indicate the conditions for importation, which may include refundable monetary security pending exportation after expiry.