Overview of the different labeling and marking requirements, including any restrictive advertising or labeling practices and where to get more information.
With respect to compliance inspection of imported goods, the following are the labelling requirements as specified in the Ghana Standards Authority General Labelling Rules, 1992 (Legislative Instrument 1541)
- Name of product
- List of ingredients in food
- List of active ingredients and their levels in drugs
- Date of manufacture and expiry date/Best before/Use by date in respect of food
- Date of manufacture and expiry date in respect of drugs
- Storage conditions
- Instructions or directions for use
- Net content
- Name and address of manufacturer
- Country of Origin
- Date of manufacture (as applicable)
- Batch/Lot number
- Where marks or labels are stamped, they shall be in indelible ink and legible.