Overview of best prospect sectors, major infrastructure projects, significant government procurements and business opportunities.
BiH offers opportunities to well-prepared and persistent exporters and investors. In 2021, the United States exported $322 million in goods to BiH. Companies that have managed to overcome the challenges of establishing a presence in BiH have often made a return on their investment over time. A major U.S. investment fund was able to enter the market with a regional investment in 2014 and exit its majority position in 2019 with a good return. The country is open to foreign investment and offers a liberal trade regime. It is richly endowed with natural resources. The best opportunities are in the following sectors (discussed in detail later in the report):
- Agricultural Sector products and services related to meat and livestock, milk and dairy, fruits and vegetables, medicinal and aromatic herbs, and fisheries.
- Materials for Industrial Processing to supply BiH’s metal-based industrial sector.
- Energy Generation and Transmission Equipment for construction and upgrading of hydropower plants, thermal power plants, and electrical power distribution projects.
- Telecommunications Equipment and Services for the expansion of existing networks including mobile, fixed line, and broadband.
- Transport Infrastructure Engineering and Construction Services for the Corridor 5c highway construction project and upgrading of local road and railroad infrastructure.
- Construction Equipment to support commercial construction needs for infrastructure projects.
- Medical Equipment for the public health-care systems and private practices, including sophisticated diagnostic equipment.
- Information Technology Equipment and Services including computer software and IT equipment and services.