Useful Information for U.S. Exporters
Mexico and Canada are excellent markets for U.S. small and medium-sized businesses, including new-to-export companies. However, in your export planning, you need to do your homework ahead of time. A great way to get started is to take advantage of Export Solutions, the federal government's export portal. On the site, you can:
- View our Exporting Basics Video Series which provides a roadmap for exporting.
- Find the latest market intelligence on Mexico, Canada, and 70 other markets through Country Commercial Guides.
- Learn more about the resources of the International Trade Administration (ITA) and its U.S. Commercial Service global network of offices. These professionals provide tailored export counseling and a range of customized export services – everything from business matchmaking to partner searches, market intelligence, and more.
- Learn how to protect your intellectual property.
- View the FTA Help Center and FTA Tariff Tool.
Locate Key Resources of Other Federal Agencies
- Small Business Administration International Sales
- Small Business Administration Loan Guarantees
- Small Business Development Centers
- STEP Awards
- EXIM Bank Credit Insurance
- Trade Finance Guide
- U.S. Foreign Agricultural Service
- U.S. Trade Representative
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
USMCA Country Websites
USMCA State Fact Sheets
USMCA Frequently Asked Questions
Expand Your Exports: Think Regionally
As you consider making new sales to Mexico and Canada, think of additional opportunities that may await you, such as expanding into the 10 other U.S. FTA partner countries in Central and South America. Mexico is a great place and a gateway to the region. U.S. companies enjoy several advantages with these FTA countries, including greater market access through duty-free or reduced tariff rates, similar business cultures, and more stable and transparent business environments, to name a few. Learn more by visiting our Trade Americas site and listing of U.S. FTA partner countries on the FTA Help Center.