All consumer products sold domestically, whether manufactured locally or imported, must contain the following information on their labels:
- Correct and registered trade name or brand name,
- Registered trademark,
- Registered business name and address of the manufacturer, importer, or repacker of the consumer product in the Philippines,
- General make or active ingredients,
- Net quality of contents, in terms of weight; and,
- Country of manufacture, if imported.
The BPS implements a product certification mark scheme to verify conformity of products to PNS and other international standards. This includes critical consumer products such as chemicals, electrical and electronic products, as well as mechanical, construction, and building materials. Products manufactured locally must bear a Philippine Standard (PS) mark, while imported products must bear Import Commodity Clearance (ICC) certification marks issued upon inspection by BPS.
For list of products subjected to mandatory certification and additional information on labeling/marking requirements, visit: https://bps.dti.gov.ph/
Bureau of Philippine Standards - Department of Trade and Industry