Our program is designed for college or university undergraduates and graduate students of Economics, Business Administration and related fields. It provides “hands-on” experience by working in a Commercial Service Office at the U.S. Embassy on research, trade events and business issues for U.S. firms interested in the Spanish market.
Who is eligible?
In order to participate in this program you must meet the following qualification:
- enrollment in an institution of higher learning
- fluency in the Spanish and English languages.
- availability for a minimum of 3 to 6 months and a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- good communication and computer skills.
- US citizenship.
- Every intern has to receive a positive security check by the U.S. Government prior to the start of an internship.
This internship is a volunteer service. Federal regulations prohibit financial compensation. An official letter of recommendation will be provided. Many Universities will award 3-6 credits for a completed internship.
No Federal Government liability is assumed.
How to apply
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter: Why you want to be an intern, what you have to offer and how you hope to benefit from the internship.
- Resume: Future goals, computer and language skills, past experience, including academic accomplishments, citizenship, student status.
Please submit your application to Karen DuBois, Intern Coordinator at the Commercial Service in Spain, Serrano 75, 28006 Madrid, Spain, by email. After we receive your application, and if you meet the requirements, Karen DuBois will contact you for an interview (in person or by telephone). If you are selected, a complete application package will be sent to you to begin the security screening. Note that it takes about 3 months to complete the application and security process.
|Deadline to Apply
|Spring (January – May)
|Summer (June – August)
|Fall (September – December)