The U.S. Commercial Service in Poland offers internship opportunities throughout the year.
What you would be doing
The U.S. Commercial Service Poland at the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw provide a range of services and programs to help American companies export goods and services to Poland, as well an inward investment into the U.S.
The U.S. Commercial Service is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. Our office analyzes information on the Polish market, facilitates contacts with Polish businesses, promotes U.S. products in Poland, and advocates U.S. business interests. We assist trade missions to Poland and provide logistical support to U.S. companies holding product launches and exhibitions.
Interns learn from Commercial Service staff by:
- Collecting and analyzing information for market research reports for trade delegations and/or American companies on entry or expansion into Poland; including potential business partners, trade data, and in country promotions
- Assisting with our matchmaking services that help U.S. companies find partners and distributors in Poland
- Advise American and Polish companies in diverse trade issues
Who is eligible
In order to participate in this program, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Passing the US government background check (every intern has to give detailed personal information for a security check)
- Enrollment at a university or institute of higher education after the second year /sophomore year of academic studies
- Fluency of the Polish and English
- Availability for up to 12 weeks
- Good communication and computer skills
Selection is made without regard to consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, or disability. Every intern must receive a positive security check by the U.S. Government prior to the start of his/her internship.
This internship is a volunteer service. Federal regulations prohibit financial compensation. An official letter of recommendation will be provided. Most universities will award 3-6 credits for a completed internship.
No Federal Government liability is assumed. Students are responsible for their own health and life insurance.
How to apply
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter: Why you want to be an intern, what you have to offer, how you hope to benefit from the internship and the time frame in which you are available
- Resume: Future goals, computer skills, past experience, including academic accomplishments, citizenship, and student status with a photo
- Proof of student status at a university or institute of higher education
- References: names and contact information or letter of reference
Please submit these to Office.Warsaw@trade.gov
For your planning
The internship will last up to 12 weeks, starting dates are flexible. Remember to plan up to 4 months ahead until your security check is completed (including a personal interview with an official security officer). Our office is closed on official Polish and American holidays.