Spain - Commercial Guide
Licensing Requirements

Includes any websites pertaining to trade regulations, customs, and standards in this country.

Last published date: 2020-08-07

Non-EU/European Economic Area (EEA) nationals need a residence and employment permit to work in Spain. However, there are some exceptions although they may still need to apply for a visa or residence permit to come to Spain.  Some of these exceptions include university professors, technicians and scientists, professionals invited to Spain to develop scientific or cultural programs, foreign journalists, artists coming for specific performances, and clergy.

A new program was introduced in 2014 that allows non-EU national investors, entrepreneurs, highly qualified professionals and researchers to apply for fast-track visas and permits as a result of investing in the country.  Contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate for more information.Certain professions need specific qualifications to practice in Spain. 

Please check out the following links for more details:

Subdirección General de Títulos y Reconocimiento de Cualificaciones

Secretaría General de Universidades

Ministerio de Educación y Formación Profesional

Torrelaguna, 58

28027 Madrid

Tel: +34 910 837 937