Includes import documentation and other requirements for both the U.S. exporter and foreign importer.
Malaysian customs require the following documents for exporting products to Malaysia:
• Packing list
• Delivery letter
• Leaflet, catalog or other related documents
• Insurance certificate, if insured
• Bill of lading/airway bill
• Letter of credit (if used)
• Permit, licenses/ certificates
• Proof of fare payment
• A declaration form (Customs Form No. 1) that indicates the number, description of packages/ crates, value, weight, quantity and type of goods and country of origin
• Completed Custom forms should be submitted to Customs offices at the place where the goods are imported or exported.
• All duties/customs taxes imposed on imported goods will need to be paid in advance before the products can be released. Taxes to be paid include import tax and sales tax.
Additional documentation may be required to certify U.S. content. U.S. exporters are advised to confirm documentary requirements before shipping.