CS Singapore Internships
Summer Internship Opportunities (Remote/Virtual)
Application Deadline: February 1
CS Singapore internships are challenging and rewarding experiences that help interns gain an understanding of the business climate in Singapore and the region. Each of our interns works with CS staff on a variety of jobs and projects in supporting American companies looking to expand their business in this region. Interns typically conduct market research, assist in developing customized solutions for our clients and support trade events. The U.S. Commercial Service seeks hard-working, responsible interns, preferably at the graduate student level.
How long does the application process take?
Applications can take up to two months to process.
Who is eligible?
To participate in our summer internship program, you must meet the following qualifications:
• U.S. citizenship
• Students currently enrolled in a U.S. college/university or those who are accepted in a school for the quarter/semester following the internship, preferably at the graduate level. Students must return to complete their education following the internship.
• Long-term availability: minimum 90 days, preferably 40 hours per week
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Good working knowledge of computer skills.
• Must be able to pass credit and background checks by the U.S. Government prior to starting the internship.
What will I do?
Intern duties vary, but can include:
• Conducting market research.
• Monitoring the business environment and preparing analysis and reports.
• Providing assistance to Commercial Officers and Commercial Specialists in conducting Department of Commerce’s services.
• Supporting trade missions and trade promotion activities.
• Handling special projects of operational interest and support to Commercial Service activities.
Will I be paid?
No. Federal regulations prohibit financial compensation. Upon completion of the internship, an official letter of recommendation can be provided and many universities will award academic credit for your work.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in an internship, please submit the following to our intern coordinator, Luanne.Theseira@trade.gov:
- A cover letter addressed to Christopher Quinlivan, Senior Commercial Officer, explaining:
- Why you want to be an intern;
- Your future goals;
- What you have to offer the U.S. Commercial Service; and
- How you hope to benefit from the internship
- An up-to-date resume including
- Past academic and work experience
- Computer skills
- Career goals
- Citizenship and student status
- Exact time period that you will be available. The minimum requirement is 90 days, maximum of 180 days.
- Home, address and a telephone number in U.S.
- Current email address
Selected candidates will be sent a range of paperwork to submit to the Office of Security to run credit and background checks. This includes a Volunteer Service Agreement, Credit Report Release Statement, and Selective Service Registration.