Italy - Country Commercial Guide
Import Requirements and Documentation
Last published date:

The TARIC is also available to help determine if a license is required for a particular product. Moreover, the European Commission maintains an Access2Markets Trade Assistant (which replaces the EU Trade Helpdesk), where HS codes can help determine, among other information, potential requirements, tariffs, import rules for EU markets, and taxes. The Access2Markets portal does not, however, provide information for exports from the United States. (Using information for a similar North American country, such as Canada, approximates key requirements that may be used as a starting point for your most current HS code. For more information, please refer to our European Union Country Commercial Guide article on EU import requirements and documentation.