Our program is designed for university students of Economics, Business Administration and related fields. It provides “hands-on” experience by working in a Commercial Service Office at the U.S. Embassy on market trends and opportunities to help U.S. exporters identify potential Argentine buyers. Students will work on trade events and business issues for U.S. firms and will also assist Argentine companies looking for U.S. suppliers or looking to make an investment in the U.S. They will help organize and prepare for commercial events and trade delegations, among other duties.
Who is eligible In order to participate in this program you must meet the following qualifications:
• U.S. Citizenship
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college/university and be returning to complete their education following the internship
• During the summer months we ask for 10 weeks of full-time service. During the semester we ask for a minimum of 90 days and around 20 hours/week
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Intermediate Spanish skills highly desirable
• Students must be able to pass a background check by the U.S. Government before arrival, which takes at least three months to process
This internship is a volunteer service. Federal regulations prohibit financial compensation. An official letter of recommendation will be provided. Many universities will award 3-6 credits for a completed internship. Insurance No Federal Government liability is assumed. How to apply Your application must include:
• Cover Letter: Why you want to be an intern, what you have to offer and how you hope to benefit from the internship.
• Resume: Future goals, computer and language skills, past experience, including academic accomplishments, citizenship, student status.
Please submit your application to Marta.Fernandez@trade.gov. After we receive your application, and if you meet the requirements, we will contact you for an interview (by telephone). If you are selected, a complete application package will be sent to you to begin the security screening (as mentioned before, this takes about 3 months).
|Internship Term||Deadline to Apply|
|Spring (January – May)||October 1|
|Summer (June – August)||March 1|
|Fall (September – December)||June 1|