EC card laptop and glasses
U.S. Industry Licensing

U.S. Industry Licensing

Licensing Application Process

All imports of steel mill products need an entry-specific license to complete the CBP entry summary.

All steel mill imports into the United States require an import license issued by the SIMA office for entry summary. Importers and customers/brokers use this website to obtain their steel licenses prior to completing their Customs entry documentation. The SIMA Licensing System is an online automatic system for users to register, apply for, and receive licenses in a quick and timely manner. The steel import license is used for data collection purposes only.




​​​​​Note proposed changes to the steel license applications – see Proposed Modifications to SIMA on the Federal Register website.