United Kingdom Useful Links
Find useful information and links for U.S.-based companies about doing business in the United Kingdom.
Trade.gov - Helping U.S. Companies Export
U.S. Commercial Service at the U.S. Mission to the European Union (CSEU) - helping U.S. Companies focused on the European Union
U.S. Commercial Service United Kingdom - helping U.S. Companies export to the United Kingdom
British American Business (BAB) is the leading transatlantic business organization dedicated to helping companies connect and build their business on both sides of the Atlantic.
Department for International Trade (DIT) – the primary British government agency that assists UK companies with their exporting needs and promotes foreign direct investment in the UK.
Please visit our “Brexit FAQ” first.
You can also check how your business can prepare for Brexit on the UK government’s website.
British American Business Council (BABC) — a transatlantic business network with 25 chapters and 3,000 member companies throughout North America and the United Kingdom.
British American Business (BAB) — the largest chapter of the BABC with 700 member companies and offices in both New York and London. BAB is the leading transatlantic business organization dedicated to helping companies connect and build their business on both sides of the Atlantic.
American European Business Association (AEBA) — a dynamic forum that promotes and facilitates lively and informed debate on key business, economic and political topics.
London and Partners — official promotional agency for London, attracting and delivering value to businesses, students and visitors .
The Welsh Assembly Government — development agency for Wales
For U.S. companies
For UK companies
For UK companies
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- SEC — The Fleecing of Foreign Investors: Avoid Getting Burned by “Hot” U.S. Stocks.
- SEC — List of Unregistered Soliciting Entities That Have Been the Subject of Investor Complaints.
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
For U.S. companies
- Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) — A partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).
- Visit London - the official visitor organization for the London now part of.
- London and Partners – the official promotional agency for London, attracting and delivering value to businesses, students and visitors – incorporating
- VisitBritain - Britain’s national tourism agency.
- Visit USA Association — Visit USA’s primary mission is to promote the United States as a tourist destination to the travel trade and consumers.
- Trade.gov section for U.S. Educational Institutions and Intensive English Programs. This page is your resource for market research reports, international student recruitment events, and study consortia information.
- Institute for International Education (IIE)
Studying in the UK: For U.S. Students
- Direct.gov - information on UK public services in one place.
- Business Link - the UK government’s online resource for businesses.
- UK Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS)
- Office of National Statistics (ONS) - UK Government’s main survey organization and its main producer of official statistics.
- UK National Statistics - as part of the UK Office of National Statistics (ONS), is a hub providing latest statistics from government departments in the UK. It is the central website for hosting all first releases of National Statistics.
- UK Intellectual Property Office (IPO) - patents, trademarks, intellectual property rights protection and other topics.
- HM Revenue & Customs Office - information about imports, exports, duties, VAT and other topics.
- U.S. Embassy London website