Russia Country Commercial Guide
Please note: This page and the Country Commercial Guide (CCG) for Russia will continue to be updated as needed. For current information on Russia sanctions and export controls, visit U.S. Commercial Service Russia.
The (CCG) is your trusted source about how to do business in an international market. Authored by seasoned trade experts at U.S. embassies and consulates, the guides provide insight into economic conditions, leading sectors, selling techniques, customs, regulations, standards, business travel, and more. Country Commercial Guides are available for 140+ markets.
Limited updates have been made to the Country Commercial Guide to reflect the current Commercial Service suspension of operations in Russia, the ongoing Russian war against Ukraine, and continued Commercial Service coverage for the Russian market from Washington, DC, and Eurasia. Additionally, trade policy information has been refreshed when possible. Updates to other parts of the guide will be made when normal Commercial Service operations have resumed in Russia.
7 Key Topics for Market Success
- Doing Business in Russia: Get an overview on market opportunities and entry strategies, key economic indicators and trade statistics, and other reasons U.S. companies should consider exporting to the country.
- Leading Sectors for Exports & Investments: Learn about the impact of economic sanctions on U.S. exports and investment in Russia.
- Customs, Regulations & Standards: Get the latest on export controls and regulations on Russia and Belarus, including transshipments.
- Selling U.S. Products & Services: Learn about trade financing and protecting your intellectual property when doing business in Russia.
- Business Travel: Find travel information on Russia, including travel advisory, visa information, currency exchange, transportation, and safety tips.
- Investment Climate Statement: Learn about the country’s investment climate.
- Political and Economic Environment: Get status of the Russia’s relations with the U.S., local laws, and tips on safety and security.