Egypt Commercial Documents Legalization
Egypt requires the authentication of all commercial documents that originate outside of the country.
All commercial and business contracts and/or documents must be notarized and certified to be legally recognized by the Government of Egypt.
To legalize a commercial document, a company must follow the following steps:
- Authenticate the document by a Notary Public
- Certify the document by the relevant Secretary of State
- Certify the document by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C.
- Authenticate the document by the Egyptian Embassy in Washington, D.C. or the appropriate consulate having jurisdiction.
To legalize a commercial invoice or certificate of origin, a company must:
- Have the document signed by the company representative and notarized
- Certify the document with the U.S. Department of State
- Authenticate the document by Egyptian Embassy in Washington, D.C or the appropriate consulate having jurisdiction.
Egyptian Embassies and consulates located in the United States:
- Washington, D.C.
3521 International Court NW
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: (202) 966-6342
- New York, NY
866 United Nations Plaza, Suite 586
New York, NY 10017
Tel: (212) 759-7120
- Chicago, IL
500 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1900
Chicago, IL 6061
Tel: (312) 828-9162
- Los Angeles, CA
6300 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Tel: (323) 933-9700
- Houston, TX
5718 Westheimer Road, Suite 1350
Houston, TX 77057
Tel: (713) 961-4915