Asia Edge Trade Mission
Launched in July 2018 as an initiative to support the President’s vision for the Indo-Pacific region, Asia EDGE (Enhancing Development and Growth through Energy) is a U.S. whole-of-government effort to grow sustainable and secure energy markets throughout the Indo-Pacific. Asia EDGE seeks to strengthen energy security, increase energy diversification and trade, and expand energy access across the Indo-Pacific.
ITA is organizing an executive-led Business Development Mission to Southeast Asia, with stops in Indonesia (Jakarta) and Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi) and an optional program in Thailand (Bangkok). This trade mission will be the first organized under the Asia Enhancing Development and Economic Growth through Energy (Asia EDGE) initiative.
Mission participants will have the opportunity to meet with key Southeast Asian decision-makers to discuss how to foster policies, regulations, and financial investment that support the development of sustainable, secure, and profitable energy markets. Mission participants will network with regional government officials, be introduced to prospective business partners, and facilitate discussions on best practices in their areas of technical expertise. Participants will gain market insights, make industry contacts, solidify business strategies, discuss enabling policies, and advance specific projects, with the primary goal of increasing U.S. exports of products and services to the Indo-Pacific. The mission will include customized one-on-one business appointments, meetings with state and local government officials, and networking events.
Applicants must sign and submit a completed trade mission application form and satisfy all the conditions of participation to be eligible for consideration. ITA plans to select a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 firms and/or trade associations to participate in the mission.
The participation fee for this Business Development Mission will be $4,000 for small or medium-sized enterprises (SME); and $6,200 for large firms or trade associations. The fee for each additional firm representative (large firm, SME or trade association) is $1,000. The fee for the spin-off to Bangkok will be $1,500 for SME; and $2,400 for large firms or trade associations.
Application for interested companies - the application deadline is December 4, 2020.
*Note: The final schedule of meetings, events, and site visits will depend on the availability of host government and business officials, specific goals of mission participants, and flight availability and ground transportation options.
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - Travel to BANGKOK (Optional Spin Off)
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - (Optional Spin Off Program Commences) - BANGKOK (Attend Future Energy Asia conference and trade show)
- Thursday, March 18, 2021 - BANGKOK (Full Day Sessions)
- Friday, March 19, 2021 - BANGKOK (Full Day Sessions)
- Saturday/Sunday, March 20/21, 2021 - Travel to JAKARTA
- Monday, March 22, 2021 - Official Trade Mission Program Commences - JAKARTA (Full Day Sessions)
- Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - JAKARTA (Morning Sessions) - Travel to HO CHI MINH CITY
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - HO CHI MINH CITY (Full Day Sessions)
- Thursday, March 25, 2021 - Travel to HANOI - HANOI (Evening Reception)
- Friday, March 26, 2021 - HANOI (Full Day Sessions) - Official Trade Mission Program Concludes
Companies may address additional questions about this mission to:
Senior Oil & Gas Trade Specialist
Office of Energy and Environmental Industries
U.S. Department of Commerce
Phone: (202) 482-3492
Global Energy Team Lead
U.S. Commercial Service
Westchester (New York)
U.S. Department of Commerce
Phone: (914) 682-6712