EC card laptop and glasses
U.S. Steel Industry Import Licensing

U.S. Steel Industry Import Licensing

Licensing Application Process

All imports of steel mill products need an entry-specific license to complete the U.S. Customs Border and Protection (CBP) entry summary.

All steel mill imports into the United States require an import license administered by the SIMA office for CBP entry summary. Importers and customers/brokers use this website to obtain their steel licenses prior to completing their CBP entry documentation. The SIMA Licensing System is an online automatic system for users to register, apply for, and receive licenses in a quick and timely manner. The steel import license information is collected for statistical purposes only. 

Calendar of Updates