The U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum
The U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum offers an opportunity for U.S. private sector leaders representing companies of all sizes and sectors to join Brazilian industry leaders and provide joint input directly to the U.S. and Brazilian Presidential offices and Commerce Secretaries on what the two governments can do to help companies grow and succeed in both countries.
Specifically, the Forum brings together up to 12 U.S. and 12 Brazilian CEOs to develop joint policy recommendations to the U.S. and Brazilian Governments on ways to increase bilateral trade and commerce. The Forum is co-chaired by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce and Director of the National Economic Council/National Security Council on behalf of the U.S. Government; it is co-chaired by the Brazilian Minister of Economy and Presidential Chief of Staff on behalf of the Brazilian Government. The U.S. Government selects the U.S. members, and the Brazilian Government selects the Brazilian members. Since its launch in 2007, CEO Forum members have been instrumental in critical policy developments that improve the business environment in the U.S. and Brazilian markets.
For eligibility criteria and application requirements to join the U.S. Section, please see the U.S. Commerce Department’s most recent Call for Applications.
For the text of the current U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum recommendations, please review the Joint Recommendations.
For the current U.S. Government Progress Report on how we have addressed the previous Joint Recommendations, please visit the U.S. Government Progress Report.
For details on how the Forum works, please see the Terms of Reference.
For the latest news on the Forum, please see the following Press Release.
Current Members of the U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum
U.S. CEO Forum Members
The U.S. Department of Commerce is currently reviewing applications for the 2022-2025 term on the U.S. Section.
Brazilian CEO Forum Members
1. Mr. Fabricio Bloisi, CEO, Movile
2. Mr. Joaquim Silva e Luna, CEO, Petrobras
3. Mr. Joao Paulo Brotto Gonçalves Ferreira, CEO, Natura Cosméticos
4. Mr. Ricardo Dell Aquila Mussa, CEO, Raízen Energia S.A.
5. Mr. Francisco Gomes Neto, President & CEO, Embraer
6. Mr. Thiago Dos Santos Piau, CEO, StoneCo
7. Mr. Fernando Galletti de Queiroz, CEO, Minerva Foods
8. Mr. Walter Schalka, President, Suzano S.A.
9. Mr. Harry Schmelzer Jr., President & CEO, WEG Group
10. Mr. Marco Stefanini, Founder & CEO, Stefanini IT Solutions *(Brazilian Private Sector Co-chair)
11. Mr. Gustavo Werneck, President & CEO, Gerdau
Member list updated 5/01/2022
For more information, please contact:
Christopher Di Trolio
Brazil Desk Officer
Brazil & Argentina Desk Officer