The U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum
U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum
The U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum offers an opportunity for U.S. private sector leaders representing companies of all sizes and sectors to join Brazilian industry leaders and provide joint input directly to the U.S. and Brazilian Presidential offices and Commerce Secretaries on what the two governments can do to help companies grow and succeed in both countries.
Specifically, the Forum brings together up to 12 U.S. and 12 Brazilian CEOs to develop joint policy recommendations to the U.S. and Brazilian Governments on ways to increase bilateral trade and commerce. The Forum is co-chaired by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce and Director of the National Economic Council on behalf of the U.S. Government; it is co-chaired by the Brazilian Minister of Development, Industry, Foreign Trade & Services and Presidential Chief of Staff on behalf of the Brazilian Government. The U.S. Government selects the U.S. members, and the Brazilian Government selects the Brazilian members. Since its launch in 2007, CEO Forum members have been instrumental in critical policy developments that improve the business environment in the U.S. and Brazilian markets.
Call for Applications - For eligibility criteria and application requirements to join the U.S. Section, please see the U.S. Commerce Department’s most recent call for applications.
- Joint Recommendations - The text of the current U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum recommendations.
- U.S. Government Progress Report - Current U.S. Government Progress Report on how we have addressed the previous Joint Recommendations.
- Terms of Reference - Details on how the Forum works.
Current Members of the U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum
U.S. CEO Forum Members (Updated: 03/01/2023)
1. Alvin Alexander, CEO, Orion Applied Science & Technology LLC
2. Daniel Fisher, President and CEO, Ball Corporation
3. Robert Ford, Chairman and CEO, Abbott Laboratories
4. Andrés Gluski, President and CEO, The AES Corporation
5. Mauro Gregorio, CEO, Dow Silicones Corporation* (U.S. Private Sector Co-chair)
6. Jenny Johnson, President and CEO, Franklin Templeton
7. Donnie King, CEO, Tyson Foods
8. James “Joc” O’Rourke, President and CEO, The Mosaic Company
9. Kristin Peck, CEO, Zoetis
10. Jean-Michel Ribiéras, Chairman and CEO, Sylvamo
11. Jabali Wells, Founding Managing Partner, Blackpoll Capital Partners LLC
12. Ken Xie, Founder and CEO, Fortinet
Brazilian CEO Forum Members (Updated 5/01/2022)
1. Fabricio Bloisi, CEO, Movile
2. Joaquim Silva e Luna, CEO, Petrobras
3. Joao Paulo Brotto Gonçalves Ferreira, CEO, Natura Cosméticos
4. Ricardo Dell Aquila Mussa, CEO, Raízen Energia S.A.
5. Francisco Gomes Neto, President & CEO, Embraer
6. Thiago Dos Santos Piau, CEO, StoneCo
7. Fernando Galletti de Queiroz, CEO, Minerva Foods
8. Walter Schalka, President, Suzano S.A.
9. Harry Schmelzer Jr., President & CEO, WEG Group
10. Marco Stefanini, Founder & CEO, Stefanini IT Solutions *(Brazilian Private Sector Co-chair)
11. Gustavo Werneck, President & CEO, Gerdau
For more information, please contact the following.
Christopher Di Trolio
Brazil Desk Officer
Brazil Desk Officer