Introductory Services Export Counseling
Qualified clients can take advantage of the export counseling services of U.S. Commercial Service. Located in more than 100 U.S. Commercial Service offices nationwide, our trade professionals have proven expertise and years of experience.
Companies engaging local counseling for the first time can benefit from CS’s International Expansion Blueprint, a living document leveraging a scorecard approach to identifying areas where you can optimize your export operations.
Areas of Expertise
Planning and Strategy
- Create a comprehensive international business plan for entry or expansion into targeted markets.
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Determine export licensing needs for shipping your products.
- Understand and comply with global product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Product Requirements
- Learn about export documents, including Electronic Export Information filing, invoices, packing lists, and certificates of origin.
- Verify the tariff rate for your product, as well as any import fees for a particular market.
- Determine your product’s Schedule B and HS numbers.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain support from our Advocacy Center if your company’s exports or foreign bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
- Formulate an export finance strategy leveraging loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank of America, the Small Business Administration, and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale.
- Get guidance on pricing your products and services to ensure competitiveness in your target markets while maximizing your profits.
- Business Matchmaking.