Import Tariffs & Fees Overview
Global Tariff Finder Tool:
Finding Your Tariff Rate:
Once you know classification number or an HS (harmonized) code for the product you are exporting, look up the corresponding tariff (duty) rate by consulting tariff resources listed below. If you need help with locating your HS code, “Look up your HS code” at the end of this page.
Additional Useful Resources:
To look up value added taxes by country, see Value Added Taxes.
- Express shipments may be exempt from duties and/or taxes.
- For the list of exemptions consult the de Minimis regime for low value express shipments worldwide.
Look up your Harmonized System (HS) code:
- The first step in determining duty rates (also referred as tariffs) is to identify the HS Code or Schedule B number for your product(s).
- Once you know your product’s Schedule B or HS number (the first six digits of the 10 digit Schedule B number), you can determine the applicable tariff and tax rates for a specific foreign country.
- The Census Bureau sponsors a free online tool called the Schedule B Search Engine and an instructional video to help you classify your products. If after viewing the video you remain unsure of the best HS number for your product, you can phone U.S. Government commodity classification experts at 1-800-549-0595, option 2.