Healthcare Trade Mission to Southeast Asia
This senior government official-led mission will assist U.S. health sector exporters to build opportunities to build industry contacts and increase export sales to Southeast Asia.
Mission participants will gain firsthand knowledge of Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia through
- Market briefings
- Matchmaking appointments
- Site visits
- Policy-focused briefings
- Introductions to hospitals and clinical laboratories, government healthcare agencies, distributors, and others who could benefit from U.S. products and services
- Medical equipment, digital technologies, and hospital services;
- Oncology, fertility, and cardiology products and services for medical tourism;
- Electronic medical records;
- Products and services for genomics sequencing laboratories for precision medicine and treatment of cancer and genetic and rare diseases; and
- Technologies for new hospital developments
The application deadline is June 30, 2022. Applications received after June 30, 2022, will be considered only if space and scheduling constraints permit. To apply:
- Ensure you meet the conditions for participation in the Federal Register Notice.
- Complete the application.
A minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 firms and/or trade associations will be selected to participate in the mission based on the criteria in the Federal Register Notice.
- $5,300 for small or medium-sized enterprises (SME)
- $6,200 for large firms or trade associations
- $500 for each additional firm representative (large firm or SME/trade organization)
The STEP Grant may be able to assist U.S. companies with Trade Mission expenses by reimbursing select export-related travel expenses. Here’s how:
1. See if your state has been awarded STEP Grant funds here:
2. Get in touch with your local representative to see if you qualify and apply.
Advance notice of intent to travel is critical and each state operates differently, so reach out to your STEP Grant point of contact as soon as possible!
Tentative Mission Schedule
The final schedule depends on the availability of host government and business officials, specific goals of mission participants, flight availability, and ground transportation options. Additional details are in the Federal Register Notice.
September 18, 2022
|Participants arrive in BANGKOK, THAILAND|
|Official Trade Mission Program Commences in
BANGKOK (Full-Day Sessions and Evening Reception)
September 20, 2022
Morning Sessions in BANGKOK
September 21, 2022
|HANOI (Full-Day Sessions)
September 22, 2022
|Morning Sessions in HANOI
Travel to KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
September 23, 2022
|KUALA LUMPUR (Full-Day Sessions)|
September 24, 2022
Trade Mission Concludes/Participants Depart
Companies may address additional questions about this mission to:
Vietnam and Malaysia Desk Officer
Office of Southeast Asia (Washington, D.C.)
Krista.Barry@trade.gov | (202) 389-2298
Senior International Trade Specialist
Office of Health and Information Technologies (Washington, D.C.)
Lisa.Huot@trade.gov | (202) 482-2796
International Trade Specialist
U.S. Commercial Service Atlanta
firstname.lastname@example.org | (404) 730 2703