Czech Republic Internship
Student Internship Program
The Commercial Service Section offers 2–3 part-time unpaid internship positions for university students every six months. The duration of the internship is 6 months. If both parties agree, extension is possible. At the end of the internship, the intern is presented with a letter of recommendation.
The Commercial Section of the U.S. Embassy is a part of Department of Commerce´s International Trade Administration established to assist U.S. companies in doing business in the Czech Republic; it protects U.S. business interests and through variety of projects and events it promotes the export of U.S. goods and services in the Czech Republic.
Suitable student candidates are welcome to join the Embassy team and work on all relevant projects focused on business under the supervision of the American Commercial Service Officer, the Commercial Assistant and the Czech industry specialists.
The intern’s work assignments provide exposure to our full range of activities and services. Every attempt is made to give hands-on experience where appropriate.
Intern assignments may include:
- Collecting and analyzing information for use in market research reports
- Telephoning and emailing prospective Czech business partners
- Assisting our staff in the preparation of trade events and trade missions
- Assisting with our matchmaking services that help U.S. companies find partners and distributors in the Czech Republic
- Doing interpretation work for U.S. companies
- Occasional event management and some clerical/administrative duties.
- Enrolled university student for the duration of internship.
- Available for minimum of 6 months.
- Commitment to work 15-20 hours per week with a flexible schedule (depending on class schedule, half days or full days – Embassy working hours are 8 a.m. – 4.30 p.m., Monday – Friday). Occasional evening hours are required for receptions and other events. Working hours may need to be adjusted or cut back during school exams.
- Excellent language, presentation and communication skills (Czech and English, both spoken and written)
- Strong background in international business or economics.
- Good interpersonal and computer skills, flexibility and a positive attitude.
All acceptances are subject to security clearance prior to beginning work at the Embassy!
How to apply
Information on current openings and further instruction is available on the U.S. Embassy in Prague web pages.