Complying with US Export Controls Pittsburgh
Complying with U.S. Export Controls
April 26 & 27, 2023 | Pittsburgh, PA
Join the Bureau of Industry and Security and the Western Pennsylvania District Export Council for in-depth training on the Export Administration Regulations and how to comply with U.S. export controls.
The two-day program is led by BIS’s professional counseling staff and provides an in-depth examination of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The program will cover the information exporters need to know to comply with U.S. export control requirements on commercial goods. Topics will include:
- What items and activities are subject to the EAR,
- Steps to take to determine the export licensing requirements for your item,
- How to determine your export control classification number (ECCN),
- When you can export or reexport without applying for a license,
- Export clearance procedures and record keeping requirements.
Presenters will draw from real life examples in applying this information and will conduct a number of “hands-on” exercises that will prepare you to apply the regulations to your own company’s export activities.
This training has been approved by the Pennsylvania CLE Board for 12 Continuing Legal Education credits.
Questions? Please contact Steven Murray at 412-644-2819 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The instructors are experienced export policy specialists, and enforcement personnel from BIS’s field offices. This seminar will also include guest speakers from the U.S. Census Bureau and the Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control. The instructors will be available during the seminar to answer your questions.
April 26, 2023
- Overview of the Export Administration Regulations
- Classification of Items on the Commerce Control List
- Determining Licensing Requirements based on the ECCN and Destination
- Determining other Licensing Requirements
- License Exceptions
- Q & A
April 27, 2023
- Review Session
- SNAP-R and How to Submit an Application
- How the U.S. Government Processes your Export License Application
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Export Clearances: Bureau of the Census
- Export Clearances: Bureau of Industry & Security
- Export Enforcement
- Q & A
DoubleTree Hotel, Downtown Pittsburgh
One Bigelow Square, Pittsburgh PA 15219
A block of rooms has been reserved at the DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh at conference rate of $149 per night. The block will be available through March 24th, 2023. To reserve a room:
You may use the following link, Available Rooms - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown or call 1-800-445-8667 and reference Department of Commerce.
The state of Pennsylvania, through the Small Business Administration’s State Trade Expansion Program (STEP), is offering a limited number of discounted registrations for the Complying with U.S. Export Controls event. 10 discounted registrations, 1 per company, on a first come, first served basis are available to qualifying small Pennsylvanian businesses/exporters.
The discounted registration fee is $162.50 (25% of the full registration fee of $650).
Companies interested in receiving one of the ten discounted registrations should contact Ryan Russell at Ryan.Russell@trade.gov. There are three relatively short forms (The Debarment Form, SBA Self-Representation Form, and the STEP Event Registration Form), which will be emailed to you. Once you return the completed forms and they are reviewed and accepted, you will receive a receive a link to complete your registration at the discounted rate.
Any questions should be directed to Ryan.