African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Resources
Our Market Intelligence Reports explain the progress and latest developments on the AfCFTA:
- AfCFTA Basics (March 2022)
- AfCFTA Concrete Business Opportunities (March 2022)
- AfCFTA Tackles Non-Tariff Barriers (April 2022)
- Pan African Payments and Settlement System (PAPSS) (May 2022)
- AfCFTA Market Openings in Services (May 2022)
- Launching of AfCFTA Guided Trade Initiative, eTariff Book and Rules of Origin Guide (August 2022)
- Kenya National AfCFTA Implementation Strategy (September 2022)
- Ghana Implements AfCFTA Hub (January 2023)
- AfCFTA Investment Protocol Approved (April 2023)
The AfCFTA Secretariat coordinates and facilitates the implementation of the AfCFTA agreement among African states. It also engages stakeholders to promote the AfCFTA and undertakes trade and investment promotion activities to enhance intra-African trade, among other duties.
The AfCFTA Secretariat’s location in Accra, Ghana is seen by many as an opportunity for Ghana to become the commercial hub of West Africa and beyond. Many international companies view Ghana as a vibrant market itself, but also as a springboard for entry and expansion in the wider African market.
The U.S. Embassy in Ghana at email: firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone: +233(0)30-274-1870 can assist U.S. companies to do business in Ghana and understand developments related to the AfCFTA, including the commercial opportunities it creates.