Information Session: Get Ready To Do Business in Chile
This session will provide market overviews on water solution and irrigation opportunities for U.S. firms in Chile:
- Chile is fast becoming a top global agricultural producer and exporter due to favorable growing conditions, its ability to grow crops during the Northern Hemisphere’s winter, and its network of free trade agreements.
- However, private Chilean farmers face high energy costs, small land plots, and a long drought. They seek to invest in equipment and services to improve production efficiency and mitigate the effects of climate change.
- Chile imports most of its agriculture/agribusiness machinery and equipment. The United States is the top supplier, and U.S. companies have a reputation for reliability, quality, and innovation.
- Agricultural technologies in high demand include: water management and irrigation systems such as equipment and supplies for efficient irrigation and water distribution; micro-water reservoirs and dams; rainfall harvesters; and water-related measuring devices.
- The launch of Chile’s 5G network at the end of 2021/start of 2022 will allow its agricultural sector to install connected devices that enable efficient resource management.
Information Session Details
Date: August 10th
Time: 12:00 PM EST, 11:00 AM CST, 10:00 AM MST, 9:00 AM PST
Registration Deadline: August 9th, 2021
Visit this page to Register for the Information Session.
Virtual Introductions: Connect with Buying Opportunities in the Global Marketplace
Companies interested in connecting directly can sign up for additional curated matchmaking sessions to meet buyers and government officials.
The link to apply for virtual introductions will be sent out immediately following the information session. The application is free, and companies will be vetted for market suitability. After vetting, the first five to sign up will meet virtually with our in-country specialists to discuss their specific products/services and the opportunities for such. Once both sides agree to move forward, they will receive a participation agreement (PA) for the virtual connection, which will take place 2-3 weeks following the signing of the PA.
Between one and three virtual introductions will be organized by local U.S. trade specialists who will guide you through the next steps so you can make the sale.
Virtual Introductions: Details
Webinar attendees will receive a link to register following the event.
- Interested companies must apply by August 13th, 2021.
- Matchmaking sessions will take place starting: August 30th on a first-come, first-serve basis for up to 5 US companies.
Matchmaking participation Costs:
- Small companies $75
- Medium companies $175
- Large companies $225
For More Information
For questions, please contact: