Strategies for Success in Asia Webinar Series
Join the U.S. Commercial Service for Strategies for Success in Asia!
Every first Thursday from June to November 2023
While the webinar series is underway, it is not too late to sign up! Recordings for all sessions are available to registrants, including previously held or missed webinar sessions.
Our next live session will be October 5th, 2023 at 6:00pm ET (3:00pm PT) to discuss regulatory compliance and due-diligence best practices when exporting to Asia. We will also showcase opportunities in South Korea for U.S. companies.
Why attend this webinar series?
Strategies for Success in Asia is a six-part virtual event series hosted by the U.S. Commercial Service that offers an educational opportunity for businesses to gain the skills and knowledge to successfully export to the diverse markets in the region. Each topic within the webinar series will be tailored to address specific opportunities and challenges that U.S. businesses face when exporting or doing business in Asia. Each webinar will also highlight best prospects and priority upcoming events in a key country in Asia.
Through this series of events, participants will be introduced to key export resource partners and meet on-the-ground U.S. Department of Commerce/U.S. Commercial Service staff who can assist you in entering markets in Asia.
Participants will also hear from private sector experts and receive first-hand accounts from other U.S. companies that have succeeded in the region, and will have an opportunity to ask questions relevant to your own company goals.
Please click on the ‘Webinar Series Schedule’ box below for the full list of webinar topics and dates.
Learn More about the Strategies for Success in Asia Webinar Series.
U.S. companies of any size with an export-ready product or service who are interested in building or expanding business in Asia will benefit from the practical guidance and tools presented in the series.
- June 1, 2023 - Strategies for Success in Asia - Key Resources & Regional Economic Update
- This first webinar in the event series set the stage for the rest of the topics to come, discussing key U.S. government resources for exporters and an overview of key industries, emerging markets, and policy priorities in the Asia region. Two small business exporters also shared best practices and lessons learned. Participants were provided with homework and next steps to prepare for the remainder of the webinar series topics.
- Aileen Nandi – Executive Director for Asia, Global Markets/International Trade Administration
- Steve Janz – Vice President, Flow Sciences
- Frances Selema – Asia Team Leader, U.S. Commercial Service
- June 29, 2023 – Intellectual Property Rights & Philippines Market Spotlight
- Time: 11:00am Eastern/ 8:00am Pacific (Note schedule shift due to July 4 Holiday)
- This second webinar provided an overview of the complex world of intellectual property protection and enforcement in today’s global marketplace. Experts from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) discussed the various types of IP protections and offered trends and challenges in the Southeast Asia region. The U.S. Commercial Service office in the Philippines also presented on opportunities and challenges in this regionally impactful market.t.
- Confirmed Speakers:
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Paul Taylor, Senior Commercial Officer, U.S. Commercial Service – Manila
- August 3, 2023 – Export Financing & Bangladesh Market Spotlight
- Time: 11:00am Eastern/ 8:00am Pacific
- Our next session will discuss export financing solutions, including risks and benefits to the various forms of accepting payments from international customers. Case studies specific to the Asia region will be provided as your company develops a regional strategy to safeguard profits and decrease risks. We will also feature upcoming opportunities for U.S. exports in Bangladesh, one of the U.S. Commercial Service’s newest international offices.
- Confirmed Speakers:
- Thomas Matthias - SVP Global Trade Finance, Regions Bank
- Matthew Eiss – International Trade Specialist, Office of South Asia, U.S. Department of Commerce
- ExIm Bank
- September 7, 2023 - E-Commerce and Digital Export Marketing & Taiwan Market Spotlight
- Time: 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT
- International e-commerce transcends borders, connecting businesses with a global customer base. This fourth webinar in the series will present the latest strategies and trends in the world of e-commerce in the Asia region and help your company implement a digital export business strategy. The session will conclude with an overview of the Taiwan market.
- Confirmed speakers:
- Mark Matsumoto, CBEC Asia
- Justin Seibert, Direct Online Marketing
- Dave Averne, U.S. Commercial Service Taiwan
- October 5, 2023 - Due-Diligence in Exporting to Asia & South Korea Market Spotlight
- Time: 6:00pm ET/3:00pm PT
- When exporting to Asia, thorough due diligence is essential to navigate the diverse and complex business landscape, including understanding local regulations, cultural nuances, and potential risks. This fifth webinar in the series will discuss the importance of conducting comprehensive research and building strong local partnerships to mitigate potential challenges and foster successful market entry. The session will include a market overview from our U.S. Commercial Service office in South Korea.
- Confirmed Speakers:
- Brian Peck, University of Southern California Gould School of Law
- Louise Kern, GloBIS
- Haley Sund, U.S. Commercial Service South Korea
- November 2, 2023 - Logistics & Supply Chain
Each webinar will be paired with a key country to highlight opportunities and challenges in the market. Market spotlight countries include: Philippines, Bangladesh, Taiwan, and South Korea.
Please note, topics and market spotlight countries may shift in order based on speaker scheduling. This site will be updated if/when any changes are made.
The webinar series is $180 for all six sessions. Recordings are available for any missed sessions.
The series is available as a set. Your payment provides you access to all six sessions. You are not required to attend all six sessions; however, we strongly recommend tuning in to each session to gain maximum knowledge and potential for growing business in the region.