South America Trade Mission
South America Trade Mission and Business Conference - May 15-20, 2022
The 2022 Trade Americas, South America Trade Mission and Business Conference program offers U.S. companies the opportunity to explore eleven markets in South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, and Uruguay.
Hosted in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the Trade Americas – Business Opportunities in the South America Conference will focus on region-specific sessions, market entry strategies, export compliance, legal, logistics, disaster resilience and recovery and trade financing resources. You will also be able to have prearranged one-on-one consultations with U.S. & Foreign Commercial Service (US & FCS) commercial officers and/or Department of State economic/commercial officers with expertise in commercial markets throughout the region.
The combination of the Trade Americas conference and customized business-to-business matchmaking appointments in ONE or TWO countries with pre-screened potential buyers, agents, distributors, or joint venture partners will provide participants with strategies for expanding their business across the region.
Why South America?
- Close Proximity – The South America region is a natural commercial partner of the United States, tied closely together by geography, history, and culture.
- Great Potential for U.S. Exports – The South America region has 397 million potential customers who collectively imported over $121 billion of U.S. goods in 2019.
- Free Trade Agreements - The U.S.-Chile Free Trade Agreement (FTA) entered into force on January 1, 2004. The United States and Peru signed the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement (PTPA) on April 12, 2006, which entered into force on February 1, 2009. The United States-Colombia Trade.
Promotion Agreement (CTPA) was implemented on May 15, 2012. In 2011, the United States and Brazil signed the Agreement on Trade and Economic Cooperation to enhance cooperation on trade and investment between the Western Hemisphere’s two largest economies. In October 2020, the United States and Brazil signed a new Protocol on Trade Rules and Transparency under this agreement.
Why You Should Join?
By attending this conference and trade mission, U.S. companies will be able to:
- Gain market insights,
- Make industry contacts,
- Solidify business strategies,
- Advance specific projects, and
- Identify potential partners.
All business-to-business appointments in the region will be with a pre-screened potential buyer, agent, distributor or joint venture partner.
Register your interest here.
Targeted U.S. Products and Services
The mission is open to U.S. companies with at least 51 percent U.S. content from a cross section of industries with growth potential in the South America, but is focused on the following sectors:
Depending on market potential, mission participants may request a customized business matchmaking service in up to TWO countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guyana, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, or Uruguay.
Fees & Expenses
If accepted on the Trade Mission, the fees are as follows:
|Conference Only:||$650 per participant|
|Conference plus B2B Meetings in One Country:||
$2,800 for small and medium sized enterprises**
$4,000 for large firms**
|Conference plus B2B Meetings in Two Countries:||
$3,800 for small and medium sized enterprises**
$5,000 for large firms**
There will be a $300 fee for each additional firm representative (large firm or SME) that wishes to participate in business-to-business meetings in any of the markets selected.
* Expenses for travel, transportation, lodging, most meals, and incidentals will be the responsibility of each mission participant.
** As a federal agency, the U.S. Department of Commerce must follow the Small Business Administration’s small business size standards per the Small Business Act of 2013.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a completed and signed mission application and supplemental application materials, including adequate information on their products and/or services, primary market objectives, and goals for participation no later than January 28, 2022.
Submitting an application is indication of your interest to participate in the mission. No fees are due at the time of registering your intent to join the mission. Once you are invited to join the mission payment of mission fees and the signature of the participation agreement is then due in order to participate in the mission.
The 2021 Trade Americas – Business Opportunities in the South America Conference and Trade Mission to the South America is an excellent opportunity to position your organization as a market leader in promoting trade throughout the region.
The conference will be held in Sao Paulo, Brazil on May 15-16, 2022, with a focus on region-specific sessions, market entry strategies, legal, logistics, negotiation, disaster recovery and trade financing resources. There will also be prearranged one-on- one consultations with U.S. commercial officers and diplomats representing 11 countries based in South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, and Uruguay.
In conjunction with the conference, the U.S. Department of Commerce in partnership with the State Department is organizing a multi-industry trade mission, from December 17-20, 2022, which will provide participants the optimal venue to connect directly with business opportunities in the Caribbean region.
Your organization will have the opportunity to:
- Promote your brand, products, and services to hundreds of U.S. companies and businesses in the South America region
- Participate in tailored discussions on business issues impacting trade within the region
- Network with commercial and economic officers working in U.S. Embassies covering 11 countries from the South America region
- Directly engage with U.S. firms and South American companies
Benefits of Becoming an Official Sponsor:
Your organization will receive visibility and customized services prior to and during the conference. The webinar series, conference, and the trade mission will be heavily promoted throughout the U.S. international business community and in the South America region. Your organization will be recognized according to your selected level of participation:
For questions or to become a sponsor, contact Diego.Gattesco@trade.gov or Patrick.Spencer@trade.gov
Doing Business in South America Webinar Series
The International Trade Administration (ITA) invites U.S. exporters to a webinar series focused on business opportunities in South America. Starting in March, each session will cover an overview of a selected market, its key sectors, reasons to consider doing business there, and ITA resources available to exporters interested in doing business in the market.
Register today for any these sessions or for the entire eleven-part webinar series:
- March 3, 2021 - Doing Business in Brazil
- March 25, 2021 - Doing Business in Argentina: Risks and Rewards
- April 14, 2021 - Doing Business in Uruguay
- April 28, 2021 - Doing Business in Colombia
- May 12, 2021 - Doing Business in Peru
- May 26, 2021 - Doing Business in Paraguay
- June 9, 2021 - Doing Business in Bolivia
- June 23, 2021 - Doing Business in Suriname
- July 7, 2021 - Doing Business in Chile
- July 21, 2021 - Doing Business in Guyana
- August 4, 2021 - Doing Business in Ecuador
If you are interested in all of the webinars, please register for the entire series.
Cost: $35 per participant per webinar or $200 for the entire series per company. If you are interested in all of the webinars, please register for the entire series.