Hong Kong Pitchbook
Hong Kong Medical Pitchbook for U.S. Medical Technologies
CS Hong Kong has over 20 distributors interested in U.S. based healthcare companies with innovative & unique medical device products & technologies. Some of these distributors have representation in multiple markets throughout Asia. U.S. companies should take advantage of Hong Kong’s growing $14.9 billion healthcare market.
The Pitchbook will consist of 10-15 U.S. companies primed for export to Hong Kong and our specialists will promote the pitchbook to vetted, healthcare distributors in the region.
Take this first step to evaluate your market potential with this information to move on to identifying potential partners and grow your business in the Greater Bay Area via Hong Kong!
Companies that Participate in the Pitchbook Will Receive:
- Exposure to potential distributors for one year
- Promotion directly to Hong Kong’s leading medical device and healthcare product distributors
- Receive an Initial Market Check which is a customized market assessment report that will include direct feedback from Hong Kong-based companies on the market potential of their product or service
- Digital catalog layout for your company’s product/service
- Full matchmaking service available when Hong Kong companies express interest (additional cost)
Cost to Participate in Pitchbook:
- $350 - small business
- $900 - medium business
- $1,300 - large business
I’m Interested, What is the Next Step?
We’ll contact you to discuss the process so you can decide if the pitchbook is right for your company.
Below is a 39 minute recording from the U.S. Commercial Service that shares insights about the Hong Kong medical technology sector. Use the chart to skip to the specific topics.
This replay contains a transcript and closed captioning.
Recording link Password: HongKong2024
|Introductions||Paul Frost, Deputy Senior Commercial Officer, US Consul in Hong Kong, Macau||0:00|
|An Overview of the Hong Kong Market||Dr. Kevin Lo, Senior Managing Director at Varian Medical Systems||1:55|
|How U.S. MedTech companies can leverage Hong Kong to capture opportunities in the Greater Bay Area||Dr Lydia Leung, Chairwoman of the Hong Kong Medical and HealthCare Device Industries Association||7:30|
|Supporting Market Access in Asia||Richard Holloway, Greater China General Manager, DCG Auriga||17:45|
|Healthcare Landscape of the Hong Kong Market||Natalie Tong, Commercial Specialist, U.S. Commercial Service Hong Kong||28:28|
Important Hong Kong Healthcare Market Information:
- National government spending of $14.9 billion on healthcare (nearly 16% of the total annual budget)
- In 2021, 21% of the population in Hong Kong were 65 years of age or older.
- Voluntary registration for medical devices
- Fast approval to sell into the Greater China Bay Area should products are urgently required.
- Perfect market to test out a product’s receptivity in other Asian markets
- Home to the third highest hospital bed-to-population ratio in Asia
Ideal sectors for the pitchbook include:
- Geriatric care
- Physical Therapy/ Rehabilitation
- Chronic Disease Management
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Heart Disease
You must be an export-ready U.S. company seeking to export goods or services of U.S. origin or that have at least 51% U.S. content to utilize this service.