Germany Links to related internet resources:
- U.S. Embassy in Germany
- United States Department of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis
- promotes a better understanding of the U.S. economy by providing the most timely, relevant, and accurate economic data in an objective and cost-effective manner.
- United States Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency
- the only Federal Agency created specifically to foster the creation, growth and expansion of minority-owned businesses in America.
- United States Department of Commerce, United States Patent and Trademark Office - provides U.S. businesses with key resources and guidance for protecting patent and trademarks-both domestically and abroad.
- National Institute of Standards & Technology - an agency of the Commerce Department’s Technology Administration that works with industry to develop and apply technology, measurements and standards.
- United States Department of Commerce, National Telecommunications and Information Administration - NTIA is the Executive Branch agency principally responsible for domestic and international telecommunications and information policy issues.
- Central Intelligence Agency CIA World Factbook - a resource with detailed information on countries and regions around the world
- Small Business Administration - provides private citizens with detailed advice on starting a business. It also includes a library and search engine.
- United States Department of Agriculture - website features the latest news, agencies, services, and programs.
- USDA Foreign Agricultural Service - find agricultural export information, market opportunities, and assistance.
- United States Council for International Business - learn about ATA Carnet, documentation requirements, and resources to help.
- United States Department of State - website tracks the political and economic climate around the world, including policy decisions, news, travel warnings, support for businesses and global issues.
- United States International Trade Commission - “Provides objective trade expertise to both legislative and executive branches of government, determines the impact of imports on U.S. industries, and directs action against certain unfair trade practices.” Includes news, tariff updates, trade resources and links to trade data from various U.S. Departments.
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID) - research USAID procurement & other opportunities.
- Notify U.S. - a free, Internet-based service for U.S. exporters that electronically notifies companies when foreign governments propose regulations that might influence the treatment of their exports to global markets.
- Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) - part of the U.S Department of the Treasury, administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on U.S. foreign policy and national security goals.
- Office of Defense Trade Control - charged with controlling the export and temporary import of defense articles and defense services covered by the United States Munitions List (USML).
- U.S. Census Bureau - a leading source of quality data about the U.S., American people, and economy.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics - publishes international comparison of labor costs and other key information.
- Council of American States in Europe (C.A.S.E.) - an organization comprised of the European representative offices of individual American state governments. The members of C.A.S.E. offer confidential and professional assistance to European firms that are interested in:
- German Business Portal - lists businesses, locations, and general country information.
- Allgemeine Informationen/ General Information - offers general information on German government measures to stricter control social security costs.
- The Department of State and Foreign Ministry - find country and travel information, German EU policy, foreign policy, archives and search engine.
- Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Technologie / Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology - provides news and updates on current developments in economic and labour policy, as well as information about tasks of the ministry itself.
- Bundesministerium für Familie, Senioren, Frauen und Jugend/ Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (German-only)
- Bundesministerium für Ernährung, Landwirtschaft und Verbraucherschutz/ Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection
- Bundesministerium für Umwelt, Naturschutz und Reaktorsicherheit/ Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety
- Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung/ Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- German Federal Government - informs about current politics, government policies and other pending issues.
- Statistisches Bundesamt - German equivalent to the U.S. Census Bureau and collects, processes, presents, and conducts statistical analyses.
- Germany Trade and Invest - Germany’s export and inward investment agency.
- The American Chamber of Commerce in Germany (AmCham Germany) is a private, non-profit organization. With over 3,000 members, it is the largest bilateral economic organization in Europe. AmCham represents the largest group of foreign investors in Germany. The goals of the AmCham include the promotion of German-American trade relationships and of Germany as an investment location.
- AmCham Germany Frankfurt Office
60313 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 69 92 91 04 0
- AmCham Germany Berlin Office
Phone: +49 (0)30 28 87 89 21
- The Association of American German Business Clubs is a private, non-profit organization, consisting of AGBC Club Chapters in several cities. Its activities are designed to strengthen the ties between representatives of American companies based in Germany and the German business community through personal networking in an informal atmosphere.
Other Key International Resources
- International Chamber of Commerce - a world business organization that includes lists of conferences, publications and global business issues. It is their mission to promote trade. This site also has links to other international organizations.
- Brand USA - a national tourism promotion organization offering information about the U.S. travel and tourism sector.
- Trade Port - an international trade site with trade leads, industry research, trade shows exporters, agencies and other web sites, run by the U.S. Commercial Service.
- Trade Zone - links to sites dealing with global trade: banks, business opportunities, chambers of commerce, embassies, publications, trade statistics and trade leads (divided by industry).
- U.S. Embassy in Germany