Boise Business Service Providers
Boise, Idaho Business Service Providers
The following is a listing of selected local Business Service Providers vetted by the U.S. Department of Commerce. The local BSP companies listed below can assist U.S. exporters and foreign investors in a variety of ways. If you would like to be included as a Business Service Provider on this site, please contact Director Amy Benson at Amy.Benson@trade.gov.
The BSP directory is intended to provide an additional resource to U.S. exporters doing business in this geographic area. The BSP directory is not comprehensive. Inclusion does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the U.S. Commercial Service. We have performed limited due diligence research; but we strongly recommend that you perform your own due diligence investigation and background research on any company.
This directory contains information on service providers that can support U.S. exporters.
Scan Global Logistics
Scan Global Logistics offers the complete range of transport and logistics.
You decide what, where, and when…
At Scan Global Logistics, they exist to make the world a little less complicated. They are a global logistics organization with employees and partners all over the world which enable them to reach even the most remote corners of the world. By bringing a human approach to everyone everywhere, Scan Global Logistics combines know-how and entrepreneurship to make small differences that truly matter.
For over 35 years, they have been developing a flexible organization that is geared toward providing personal advice and tailor-made logistics solutions.
Scan Global Logistics supports all processes in Supply Chain Management for businesses in every field. Whether you require transportation from A to B or a more complex logistics solution, their goal is to keep you, and your customers, one step ahead.
Scan Global Logistics will keep finding new ways to make the world a little less complicated.
SEKO Logistics BOI
Address: 4501-A South Federal Way
Boise Idaho 83716
Phone: 208-344-2784 (office)
Email: Boi@SekoLogistics.com or BOI_International@SekoLogistics.com
The SEKO Logistics Boise team is committed to optimizing your supply chain. They provide complete Supply Chain Solutions, specializing in transportation, logistics, forwarding and warehousing. SEKO Corporate is based in Chicago and leads the industry with innovative and configurable IT solutions, which provide a seamless flow of information and give their growing client base true supply chain visibility. SEKO Logistics in Boise has been serving Treasure Valley companies for almost 20 years, it is locally owned and operated by seasoned logistics managers who know the Northwest US as well as international supply activity. SEKO Logistics Boise serves start-ups and international enterprises to find the most affordable and efficient way to move domestic and international freight.
From pallets to boxes, from urgent firefighting equipment to treasured artwork SEKO Logistics Boise will configure an efficient and responsive plan for your company. They take time to understand your requirements and build their processes and service around your business, leaving you free to dedicate your time to what you’re good at - growing your company’s profits. They achieve this by simplifying processes, by providing the right service and cost options with multiple carriers, and by improving your ability to monitor and track sales and purchase order activity. Their logistics solutions are lean and efficient, with the core aim of improving your customer satisfaction and keeping your business running at peak performance. Near the BOI International Airport, they have a 7,000 square foot warehouse, two 26-foot trucks, two sprinter vans and excellent support staff. They give hands-on service and support, build personal relationships with everyone involved, configure solutions that are reliable and consistent, flexible, and responsive. Please give them a call today or email for a free estimate.
Veritas Global Transportation Inc.
Veritas Global Transportation Inc. is a licensed NVOCC and Freight Forwarder. They are a family-owned and operated business. their focus is on their customers’ satisfaction and building lasting relationships that go beyond shipping. Veritas Global Transportation Inc. offers door-to-door Ocean Freight and Air Freight services worldwide. Their network of highly qualified and vetted overseas agents ensures that your cargo will be customs cleared and delivered safely to its final destination. Their company was founded by the Betts Family with a specific goal in mind: to provide honest, trustworthy, and reliable transportation services. Veritas is Latin for “truth,” and it is the standard they set for their company. Veritas Global Transportation’s hands-on approach and personalized customer service are what have allowed them to gain success. Veritas Global Transportation Inc. runs its company under the guiding principles of honesty, integrity, and diligence.
S Massie Consulting LLC
S Massie Consulting LLC provides export consulting, compliance programs, education and training for companies to navigate the complicated laws and regulations for US exports.
Export compliance is a topic that, if not properly addressed, could create major challenges for your company. Penalties for violating US export law can include up to $1m in fines and 20 years imprisonment per violation, loss of export privileges, and more.
The purpose of an Export Compliance Program (ECP) is to create a set of written policies and procedures that help your company operate its export activities in accordance with US Government regulations. Investing in an ECP that is well integrated into your current business processes can lend predictability, consistency, and security to your export transactions and serves as a training program for employees.
Key items for a compliance program:
• Documented product jurisdiction and classification determinations
• Written policies and step-by-step procedures for export operations and personnel
• Training for all employees on export compliance
• Checks and safeguards, including screening of parties and activities, throughout all export processes
• Continuous monitoring and audit systems to ensure compliance and detect violations
• Detailed recordkeeping practices
Additionally for manufacturers, being compliant with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) means you can fulfill contracts for articles that fall under ITAR classifications.
Creating your own ECP can take well over 200 hours. S Massie Consulting can relieve this burden from your company and staff by developing a customized program for you, specific to your needs with training and guidance for your company throughout the entire process!
Impello Global is a U.S. based trade credit insurance brokerage and a trade finance advisor. Impello specializes in brokering trade credit and political risk insurance globally and provides advisory services to companies, private equity firms, and lenders looking to expand their global trade and finance capabilities.
Impello’s experienced team partners with owners, as well as sales and finance leaders, to develop strategies that address international business challenges, risks, and opportunities. They also leverage their global network to source, structure, and implement the appropriate insurance coverage and required financing to propel their client’s business.
Impello was recognized by EXIM Bank as New Broker of the Year in 2021 and are the only licensed EXIM approved broker in Idaho. With offices in Seattle, Boise, Ohio and the Greater Boston area, their team has over 25 years of experience helping exporters and lenders structure insurance, loan and guarantee programs to help exporters grow globally. They provide innovative trade finance strategies and cross-functional credit and sales support - enabling their clients to prioritize resources and elevate their trade finance capabilities. They have spent that last 15 years working with companies and banks to implement and manage finance programs, both domestic and overseas.
Trade credit insurance, also known as accounts receivable insurance, is a risk management tool that protects against domestic and foreign customer insolvency, protracted default and political risks such as currency inconvertibility, expropriation, and nationalization. In addition to risk management, companies use trade credit insurance to improve their borrowing capabilities, increase their sales revenue, and negotiate better purchase agreements with their suppliers.
Impello Global works to understand their clients underlying motivation for obtaining insurance and make sure each policy is specifically structured to each of their clients’ needs.
Banner Bank – One of the World’s Best Banks, with Dedicated Trade Expertise
With 95% of the global population living outside the U.S., Idaho companies are operating in a global economy. In a study of small business exporters, the National Small Business Association points to concerns about payment in international transactions as a barrier to exporting products and services. Import and export transactions present risks to the buyer and seller that can limit commerce. Banner Bank can help mitigate those risks and simplify the process.
Not only are we well-equipped to handle any type of trade transactions, but our trade consultants are ready to visit with you about payment options and help you decide how to be competitive in the market while managing your appetite for risk. Our consultants are tied into a network of resources to support and grow trade business. We are big enough to handle complex transactions and small enough to provide friendly, personalized service.
If your company imports or exports goods or services, you know international commerce offers its own challenges and opportunities. Navigating those avenues is easier when you have the right tools and expertise to guide you. Banner offers Letters of Credit, Documentary Collections, Foreign Exchange Hedging, International Wires, and Government-Backed Export Financing to assist with these transactions.
Banner Bank started more than 130 years ago with core values that never go out of style; listen, learn, and help businesses pursue their goals. Our team of experts focuses on you, providing tailored solutions, expert guidance and local decision-making to support your success. Our focus on offering outstanding value along with our financial strength and stability are key reasons Forbes named us one of the World’s Best Banks three years running (2020-2022), as well as one of the 100 Best Banks in America six straight years (2017-2022). It’s also why Bauer Financial has repeatedly assigned Banner its top, five-star rating.
Whether you’re experienced in trade or just dipping your toes into overseas commerce, you’ll benefit from working with our knowledgeable trade finance experts and lending specialists. Our team can offer the right type and blend of financing and global solutions for the way you do business. Learn more about tools for conducting business internationally with Banner Bank’s experts.
Member FDIC Equal Housing Lender
Zions Bank speaks the language of international trade. They provide access to experienced trade specialists, smart financial solutions for leveraging global opportunities, and an organization dedicated to serving companies of all sizes.
Zions Bank’s dedicated international banking relationship managers in Idaho and Utah have forged connections to help clients navigate global markets. They are also experienced in all forms of Government guaranteed lending to help facilitate the operating capital needed to meet those international orders and growth into foreign markets.
Zions Bank International Banking offers wires and drafts to facilitate international payments and currency exchanges for clients. Zions Bank executes transactions in numerous currencies to countries throughout the world, and can transfer funds internationally, send a draft in foreign currency, or hedge exchange risk for future transactions. In addition, the ZionsFX platform allows companies and small banks to buy foreign currencies at wholesale rates.
Zions Bank’s foreign exchange products and services include spot, forward and window forward contracts; international check clearing; foreign draft issuance; international wire transfers; and currency notes. These services allow companies to buy and sell goods in terms familiar to their customers and suppliers, manage their financial statements, help protect profit margins from currency fluctuations, increase sales and help maintain their global competitive position.
Zions Bank also provides import/export and standby letters of credit which help companies — whether buying or selling — mitigate their credit risks when working with companies overseas.
Founded in 1873, Zions Bank operates 97 full-service branches throughout Utah, 25 in Idaho and one in Jackson, Wyoming.
Zions Bank is a division of Zions Bancorporation, N.A., with assets exceeding $90 billion. The company operates under local management teams and distinct brands in 11 Western states. Zions Bancorporation is included in the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Financial 100 indices, and is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
i-BEAK Language Services
i-BEAK is a language services firm founded in 2007. They offer their clients a vast array of services that enable businesses to expand and operate in today’s global economy. Their primary services include: translation, localization, interpretation, language & cultural coaching, and in-country logistic support & personal assistance.
Translation, Interpretation, Localization
i-BEAK works with more than 50 languages, offering any language their client needs. They provide quality translation and interpretation for all business needs. They use an array of professional linguists, matching their talent’s experience to the needs of the clients’ projects.
i-BEAK provides “one-stop total localization” for their clients’ needs. They integrate graphic and website design directly with text translation. Their translators make sure the final product is clear, coherent, and agrees to the tone of your original message. They partner with established marketing companies in Asia for clients entering or expanding in those markets.
In-Country Logistic Support & Personal Assistance
i-BEAK arranges foreign business travel with logistic support, interpretive services, and personal assistance. This allows clients to have efficient, effective, and stress-free experiences when traveling abroad.
InterpreLink was founded with the goal in mind of not only meeting high demand but also improving the quality of interpretation and translation. They work with hundreds of local interpreters and translators to help connect their community to the world.
Isbelia Burnham, the founder of InterpreLink, has been interpreting, coordinating, and building programs for fluid, seamless interpreting and translating in the healthcare industry for over 25 years. Her unique approach has brought sophistication to the growing need for interpretation services.
InterpreLink serves all industries to help localize your footprint whatever part of the world you are serving and to assist with language barrier issues.
Over the Phone
Mika Fox has over 20 years of international business experience in Business Strategy, Marketing, Sales, and Human Resources in various industries between Japan and the US. She received her MBA from The Anderson School at UCLA and has worked with companies helping them overcome obstacles in foreign markets. She understands and identifies the needs and problems of each company, communicates effectively, facilitates meetings and negotiations, and helps companies enter new markets.
Mika Fox’s activities between Idaho and Japan since 2015 are summarized below:
• Serves as primary liaison between clients and local partners, businesses, universities, state officials, and government agencies: facilitation, negotiation, interpretation, and translation.
• Directly assists and acts on behalf of CEOs in Japan and Idaho.
• Consults a group of Japanese manufacturing companies and its network of over 1,000 small Japanese companies on entering the U.S. market.
• Assisted a client to obtain a $237,000 grant from the State of Idaho for the Idaho Global Entrepreneurial Mission (IGEM).
• Led Idaho business tour for Japanese business owners to explore potential local partnership opportunities.
• Administers virtual internship programs and capstone projects with universities
• Collaborates with company clients to identify new business opportunities and develop strategies to enter the U.S. and/or Japanese markets.
• Conducts research and analysis on local industries to explore potential partnerships and joint venture opportunities with local businesses.
• Provides consultation for on-site selections, relocations, business contracts, patent procedures, and sales distributor arrangements with local companies.
Industry Experience: semiconductor, nuclear, data center, plastic, casting, agriculture, food & beverage, electronics, local specialty products, and more.
Cascadia Cross-Border Law
Cascadia Cross-Border Law (CCBL) is a US immigration law firm known for providing exceptional representation, personalized attention, and responsive service to its clients. Over the past three decades, we have assisted scores of businesses and individuals in US immigration matters and take great pride in our successes on their behalf. Our commitment to excellence has earned us a reputation as effective, efficient, and ethical provider of immigration-related legal services, and is reflected in our industry ratings.
These four attorneys staff CCBL:
- A Dean of the Immigration Bar, Greg Boos is a results-oriented advocate with 40+ years of professional experience. Greg has been named one of the world’s leading practitioners of US immigration and nationality law by the International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers. Based on peer reviews, Greg has held an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell for many years, a testament that his colleagues rank him at the highest level of professional excellence. He recently received Martindale Hubbell’s AV Preeminent Judicial Edition rating, a tremendous endorsement by both his peers and the judiciary. Boos is pleased that the American Chamber of Commerce and the US Commercial Service have recently joined forces with CCBL to sponsor the ongoing Doing Business in the USA sessions, periodic educational gatherings founded by Boos 35 years ago that are dedicated to helping Canadian business owners enter the US marketplace.
- W. Scott Railton has over two decades of experience assisting human resource departments with immigration benefits and I-9-compliance. He also assists with border matters. Scott advises employers and professionals on temporary and permanent immigration options, including H-1B, L, E, O, TN, PERM, and merits-based petitions. He enjoys assisting physicians and health care facilities with J-1 waivers and other concerns unique to the medical field. He also advises on cannabis legalization and immigration. Scott is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the International Medical Graduate Taskforce, and the Society for Human Resource Management. He is a graduate of the University of Washington School of Law. Scott is a prolific author and speaker and is included on Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers list.
- Heather Fathali’s practice focuses primarily on employment-based US immigration, with a significant portion of her client base consisting of professionals, entrepreneurs, and persons of talent seeking to expand to the United States, as well as US citizenship and expatriation matters. She also dedicates a special area of her practice to the Jay Treaty and the unique rules pertaining to American Indians Born in Canada. Heather received her Juris Doctor degree from Seattle University School of Law, graduating summa cum laude.
- Halley Fisher received her Juris Doctor degree from Northeastern University School of Law and has been practicing with Cascadia Cross-Border Law since 2019. Halley handles US immigration and citizenship matters, specifically employment-based US immigration for professionals, entrepreneurs, athletes, artists, and religious workers. She is especially passionate about helping people in the outdoor and sports industries access the United States.