The African Development Bank Group (AfDB), located in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities:
- The African Development Bank,
- the African Development Fund,
- and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
The AfDB achieves its mandate by mobilizing and allocating resources for investment in member countries and providing policy advice and technical assistance to support development efforts.
The AfDB provides the following services to U.S. firms and organizations:
- Counseling: One-on-one consultations on how to do business with the AfDB.
- Market Research and Outreach: Information on AfDB project and procurement opportunities and business orientation seminars. Arrangement of marketing presentations to AfDB project, sector, and financial specialists.
- Key Contact Information: Appointments with AfDB experts.
- Advocacy: Active support (including representations and guidance on bidding and resolving payment problems) to U.S. businesses competing for procurements.
- AfDB Official Website
- AfDB News and Events
- Subscribe to AfDB RSS Feeds
- Guide to Doing Business with the Multilateral Development Banks
- Open Data for Africa: The AfDB’s Portal for Data, Statistics, and Visualizations
- Map Africa: Interactive Platform that Maps the AfDB’s Investments in Africa
- “High-Fives” Application: Progress Tracking Tool on the AfDB’s Development Priorities
- AfDB Procurement Notices
- Consultancy Services
- New Procurement Policy
- Guide to Business Opportunities
- Financial Products for Private Sector Companies
- U.S. Department of Commerce Advocacy Center
Office Phone: 225-22-49-43-57
From the U.S.: (301) 985-8627 ext. 4357
Senior Commercial Officer and Commercial Representative to the AFDB U.S. Embassy in Abidjan