President's Advisory Council on Doing Business In Africa
The Presidentís Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa advises the President, through the Secretary of Commerce, on ways to strengthen commercial engagement between the United States and Africa.September 20, 2016 - U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker Appoints New Advisory Council to Advance President's Business Priorities for Africa
U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker today announced the appointment of 23 private sector leaders to the second President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa (PAC-DBIA). PAC-DBIA members – representing small, medium, and large companies from a variety of industry sectors – advise the President, through the Secretary of Commerce, on ways to strengthen commercial engagement between the United States and Africa.
The varied, diverse and accomplished appointees of the 2016-2018 President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa include:
- Jay Ireland, President and CEO, GE Africa* (Chair)
- Laura Lane, President of Global Public Affairs, UPS (Vice Chair)
- Walé Adeosun, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Kuramo Capital Management*
- Mimi Alemayehou, Managing Director, Black Rhino Group; and Executive Advisor and Chair, Blackstone Africa Infrastructure LP
- Kimberly Brown, CEO, Amethyst Technologies
- Takreem El-Tohamy, General Manager of Middle East and Africa, IBM
- Peter Grauer, Chairman, Bloomberg LP*
- Diane Hoskins, Co-CEO, Gensler
- Denise Johnson, Group President, Caterpillar Resource Industries
- Kusum Kavia, President, Combustion Associates, Inc.
- Barbara Keating, President, Computer Frontiers, Inc.
- Bill Killeen, President and CEO, Acrow Bridge
- Tom Klein, President and CEO, Sabre
- Jack Leslie, Chairman, Weber Shandwick
- Edward Mathias, Managing Director, Carlyle Group*
- Ross McLean, President of Sub-Saharan Africa, Dow Chemical Company
- Jehiel Oliver, Founder and CEO, Hello Tractor
- Andrew Patterson, President for Africa, Bechtel
- Martin Richenhagen, Chairman, President, and CEO, AGCO*
- Fred Sisson, CEO, Synnove Energy
- Andrew Torre, President of Sub-Saharan Africa, Visa
- Dow Wilson, President and CEO, Varian Medical Systems*
- Rahama Wright, Founder and Chief Executive Director, Shea Yeleen*
*Denotes reappointed PAC-DBIA member
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.