- Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S.
- Employment & Trade
- Export Trading Company Act
- Global Competitiveness
- Industry Regulation
- Reference Information
- Trade Agreements & Negotiations
- Trade Disputes & Enforcement
- Trade Statistics
- U.S. Trade Laws
Exports from U.S. Metropolitan Areas
The ITA’s Metropolitan Export Series contains merchandise trade exports to the world for 370 U.S. Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs).
Available from 2005 through 2012, these data contain:
- Merchandise export totals for each MSA;
- MSA total merchandise exports to ten regional destinations;
- MSA exports as a percent of the state total, where possible;
- Product exports to individual countries for the 50 largest MSAs;
- Top global export product categories for each MSA;
- Top 10 metropolitan area exporters to our top 50 trading partners; and
- Major metropolitan area exporters by industry (at a 3-digit NAICS level).
Due to federal disclosure regulations detailed data is available for 370 metropolitan areas. Service export values are not included in this series.