The ITA’s Metropolitan Export Series contains merchandise trade exports to the world for 376 U.S. Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs).
Available from 2005 through 2011, these data contain:
- Merchandise export totals for each MSA;
- MSA total merchandise exports to ten regional destinations;
- MSA exports as a percent of the state total, where possible;
- Product exports to individual countries for the 50 largest MSAs;
- Top global export product categories for each MSA;
- Top 10 metropolitan area exporters to our top 50 trading partners; and
- Major metropolitan area exporters by industry (at a 3-digit NAICS level).
Due to federal disclosure regulations detailed data is available for 367 metropolitan areas. Service export values are not included in this series.
Top 50 Metropolitan Area Exporters, 2011
Metropolitan Export Series Database
Frequently Asked Questions
For information on U.S. exports by State please visit ITA’s TradeStats Express and ITA’s State Reports.
Last Updated: 9/12/12 5:51 PM