- Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S.
- Employment & Trade
- Export Trading Company Act
- Global Competitiveness
- Industry Regulation
- Reference Information
- Trade Agreements & Negotiations
- Trade Disputes & Enforcement
- Trade Statistics
- U.S. Trade Laws
OFFICE OF TRADE POLICY & ANALYSIS
The Office of Trade Policy & Analysis is led by Deputy Assistant Secretary, Praveen Dixit
What We Do:
The Office of Trade Policy & Analysis (TP&A), an office of Industry & Analysis within the International Trade Administration, provides data, analysis, and recommendations on policy, and trade promotion issues affecting U.S. industry competitiveness in a global setting.
Who We Are:
- Produces, and evaluates the economic data that underpins the development of economic and trade policy priorities throughout the Federal government. This work also aids the decision-making process for regulatory proceedings, and the antitrust preclearance process for export joint ventures.
- Develops U.S. strategies, and positions for cross-sectoral trade negotiation chapters (Rules of Origin, Government Procurement). TP&A also monitors, evaluates, and addresses market access compliance barriers, and represents the Department on issues relating to the implementation of U.S. trade laws (Section 337, Section 301).
- Advances U.S. commercial interests on international intellectual property laws, policies, and practices. Assists U.S. companies in overcoming IP-related trade barriers through treaty negotiations, education, and outreach.
- Facilitates trade, and investment by addressing cross-cutting sectoral, and emerging standards issues to strengthen the competitiveness of U.S. industry. The office is the primary point of contact for standards matters within the ITA and for external stakeholders, and also works to expand investment market access opportunities on a sectoral basis.
- Jobs Supported by State Exports, 2014 - Updated 04/09/2015
- Infographic: Jobs Supported by State Goods Exports, 2014 - Updated 04/09/2015
- Infographic: Jobs Supported by State Manufactured Goods Exports, 2014 - Updated 04/09/2015
- State Reports - Updated 04/09/2015
- Infographic: U.S. Exporters in 2013 - Released 04/07/2015
- Highlights of U.S. Trading Companies in 2013 - Released 04/07/2015
- Top Trading Partners February 2015 - Updated 04/02/2015
- Merchandise Trade Balance FAQs - Released 04/01/2015
- FTA Tables January 2015 - Updated 03/06/2015
- Jobs Supported by Exports 2014 - Updated 03/04/2015
- Infographic: Jobs Supported by Exports 2014 - Updated 03/04/2015
- Infographic: Benefits of Trade Agreements 2014 - Updated 02/26/2015
- Benefits of Trade Agreements by State - Updated 02/17/2015
- U.S. Trading Companies 2012 - Updated 11/24/2014
- U.S. Trade Overview 2013 - Updated 10/21/2014
- Top Trading Partners August 2014 - Updated 10/03/2014
- FTA Tables August 2014 - Updated 10/03/2014
- Metropolitan Export Series: 2013 Data - Released 09/02/14
- Infographic: Metropolitan Area Exports in 2013 - Released 09/02/2014
- Jobs Supported by Export Destination - Updated 07/07/2014
- Infographic: Jobs Supported by Export Destination - Updated 07/2014