International Women’s Day: Honoring Women Exporters
Monday, March 8
12:00 – 1:00 pm ET
- Hear from five successful U.S. businesses women who have worked with the U.S. Commercial Service to successfully further their exporting goals.
- Get inspired! Hear how these women capitalized on global opportunities! Learn how you can get the resources, tools, and personal connections you need.
Meet our speakers:
- Diane Farrell, Under Secretary for International Trade (Acting), U.S. Department of Commerce
- Joann Hill, National Field Director (Acting), U.S. Commercial Service
- Susan Jaime, CEO, Ferra Coffee
- Pamela Nelson, Founder and CEO, Bracane Company, Inc.
- Grace Preston, Director of Global Sales, Optim LLC
- Sherry Rupert, CEO, American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association
- Jean Seo, Founder and CEO, Evolue Skincare Inc.
Women’s Global Trade Empowerment 2021 Coffee Chat Series
The U.S. Commercial Service invites U.S. women business leaders to join us for virtual discussions with women entrepreneurs across Africa. Each “coffee chat” will be held on Microsoft Teams and participants will hear from local SMEs in the designated market, learn about export opportunities and make connections with potential African business partners.
January 28: Kenya
March 9: Ethiopia
April 6: Morocco
May 5: Mozambique
Join the U.S. Commercial Service on Tuesday, March 9 from 10:00 - 11:00 am ET to learn about untapped opportunities for U.S. women-led firms interested in exporting to Ethiopia.
• Why Ethiopia is an intriguing market for U.S. companies
• How to increase business opportunities and potential partnerships between U.S. and Ethiopian women entrepreneurs
• Tangible next steps provided through the U.S. Commercial Service to expand your exporting journey
• Export finance options available to U.S. companies through institutions such as Export-Import Bank and SBA
• Camille Richardson – Office of Middle East and Africa, U.S. Department of Commerce
• Yasue Pai – U.S. Commercial Service Ethiopia
• Felekeche Biratu - Yenae Collection & Association of Women in Boldness/Business
• Sarah Yirga - Ya Coffee Roaster & Ethiopia Women in Coffee
• LaTaunya Darden - Minority and Women Owned Business Division, Export-Import Bank of the U.S.
Toolkits & Resources
Find exporting resources for your ecommerce sales channels, both retail and industrial alike that sell or promote brand awareness online. Click a button below to access content and the eCommerce video series!
Make global deals while protecting your cash flow. The U.S. government offers a variety of financing and insurance products to help you build working capital, sell abroad and protect your business. Click a button below to learn more about finance options and how to manage risk.